@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Sorry, but I won’t be able to do this book either.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Aliens, in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 3 months ago
To be honest Timothy, I don’t know why not many Christians write sci-fi. My guess is it has something to the dark, sterile, and frighteningly rationalistic scientific age envisioned by the earlier sci-fi writers. It might also have something to do with the admittedly pop art design of many sci-fi covers. I just don’t think many Christians ever got…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Aliens, in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 3 months ago
@Timothy-Young this is an excellent topic.
I think there are so few Christian scifi stories because Christians are still waking up and coming out of an ‘anything strange is bad’ and ‘all art is sinful’ mindset. That may be a bit harsh, but I think it’s justified. Christians have had lapses and relapses of legalism over the years for a long, long…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Aliens, in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 3 months ago
@timothy-young Well the first (only somewhat related) piece of opinion that came to mind is to study the science of blogging, seo, and the art of driving traffic. If you have something worth saying (sounds like you do), you want a lot of people to read it.
As far as the actual science fiction side of things, it’s not something I think about much.…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@sarah-h Ah yes, thank you. I meant the week after the 27th.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Camp NaNo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Hope Your username is what we need. And you’ve got to have your project set up, and make sure you haven’t already been put into a random cabin.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Alright for all you participating. We’ll be starting next Monday. That should give you enough time to get the book and read the first two chapters.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Adry_Grace yes, you’re right. I totally agree. When I said first page, I meant it more figuratively than literally. 😉 First page as in the beginning— the first chunk of story we get.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Jadamae I see what you’re saying. It’s been a bit…I couldn’t remember when he discovered it the very first time.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Prolog in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@meg02
It depends on the story. Do you need to provide the reader with some background information in the beginning of the book? If so, then I would suggest writing a prologue. If not, there isn’t any need. I am using a prologue in my WIP because I need to explain some of the conflict in the story. Hope this makes sense. 😉
Nice to meet you, by…[Read more] -
Ingrid replied to the topic Prolog in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@meg02
It depends on the story. Do you need to provide the reader with some background information in the beginning of the book? If so, then I would suggest writing a prologue. If not, there isn’t any need. I am using a prologue in my WIP because I need to explain some of the conflict in the story. Hope this makes sense. 🙂
Nice to meet you, by…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Prolog in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@meg02 I can’t really say one way or the other. How would the novel start with the prolog? How would it start without it? (I don’t mean the first lines, but a summary of what would happen in the first chapter and prolog) What backstory would you cover in the prolog? Information like that would help me give better input.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Camp NaNo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@anna-brie What cabin are you in? Or do you need me to give you my username? I’ve only done this once, so I can’t remember how it all works.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Jadamae I’ve read those books. They’re not my favorite books, but I didn’t think they were too bad.
I didn’t mind him changing shape because it is in a different dimension, so different rules likely apply. And it’s not as if he does it with ease every time. He does have to fight at times, and sometimes the disguise slips because he’s not strong…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Not exactly sure what I started with but I did at least 300 words.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I’m going to see how much I can get done in the next 20 minutes. Even if no one else is around, I’m still going to get something out of this group.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Camp NaNo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Hope I’m doing it. I’m sharing a cabin with Kendra Ardnek, my brother and a few other people. You could join us if you want. We’ve got plenty of room.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Oooh, yeah, that’s great @kate-flournoy.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Well this is confusing. Alright everybody, we’re doing The Sign Of The Four, but it is recommended you read the first one first. I don’t think they are very long books.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hey, that’s awesome @Daeus! Oh, totally don’t let me stop you from watching LotR— I completely don’t mind!
Wow… I envy you. Enjoy it for me. 😉
- Load More
