@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy Who hasn’t? But then, I don’t seem to remember that.
Lemon juice. I need some of that right now.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus ‘Thank you oh so much for bringing up that very painful subject. Why don’t you just go ahead and give me a nice papercut and pour lemon juice on it?’
*hopes you’ve seen The Princess Bride*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Daaaahhh!!! Kate! You’ll never write four books a year if they’re that long.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus awesome! I didn’t do too well, but I didn’t do too badly either. 859 words edited and some unnecessary material cut.
I’m doing a lot of that. Cutting unnecessary material, that is. Which is very good. I don’t want my final draft to be 500,435 words. *cringe*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy I got 969 words edited and did some grammatical checks on two chapters.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy Oh, good. Unfortunately, you may still have a truckload of books arrive at your doorstep on single living, but hey *shrugs* I’m too lazy to cancel the order.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus okay. Till nine, as usual.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus oh! Ha— no. I don’t think anything could ever do that. But I do want to get this batch of ideas out of the way at the very least.
I know. *dramatic sigh* I’m such a desperate, dangerous person. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy Cool. I’m on.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy. Ha! That so terribly desperate. 😉
Your goal vaguely suggested that any marriage would end your writing career … as sad thought. Made me bite my nails. Now the fact is, I do that anyways … but still.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus what don’t I mean?
And honestly I don’t know. I’m so desperate I’m going to try outlining to see if it’ll speed up the process. 😛
I tend to set myself impossible goals, in case you hadn’t noticed. *hysterical laughter* -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 2 months ago
Okay, I’ve done this once or twice and had been intending to pay more attention to people. Problem is the main time I see strangers if while I’m doing the grocery shopping and I can’t really stop to write things down. But I’ll try.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay That sounds neat, but like Kate, I’m trying not to take on too much extra writing.
Speaking of which, just how do you plan to write 4-5 books a year, @kate-flournoy? That and, oh dear … you don’t mean … oh dear.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay That sounds neat, but like Kate, I’m trying not to take on too much extra writing.
Speaking of which, just how do you plan to write 4-5 books a year, @kate-flournoy? That and, or dear … you don’t mean … oh dear.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@christi-eaton @gretald @hope @spradlin @hannah-c @sarah-h @overcomer @wordfitlyspoken @dbhgodreigns @zoe-wingfeather @hannah-olsen @writefury @anna-brie @hannah-krynicki @hislittlerose @vanna @jadamae @ingridrd @the-happy-bookaholic
Ok, so by now hopefully you’ve read chapters three and four. If so, it’s time to pick them apart.
I’ll start by…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Word Lists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@c-c-lane. Looks like it’s just you an me for the moment. But here’s the list anyway.
briefcase
fierce
believe
weight
weirdest
beige
experiment
completely
politely
perfume
preserve
recruit
biscuit
lieutenant
thirtieth
doesn’t
through
manoeuvre
gauge
decision(And to tag a few others @daeus, @anna-brie, @rolena-hatfield, @sarah-h @writefury, @ivy-r…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 2 months ago
Sounds like an awesome idea. Not sure I’ll have a heap of time, but hey, who knows. Count me in.
@daeus -
Daeus replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy It certainly could be, though I think you would need more descriptions. (i.e. Makes quick tugs at sleeve that create snapping noise + has confident look)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus hm, okay… ‘is cheerful, tugs on sleeve-cuffs; fascinating’?
- Load More
