@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@overcomer *dashes to the rescue* *stumbles over own feet* I’ve written several novels, so let’s see what I can do. *rubs hands and grins*
I like to write chapter by chapter outlines if my work is bigger than a novella. That way you already know how the story is laid out, how it flows, etc. Though even with an outline, don’t worry if parts of…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 2 months ago
Yes! Count me in! I already carry around a notebook and pen. And try to watch people. This will help me remember to write down what I observe. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Oh you poor thing @overcomer. I’ll see if I can help. I’ve written eight full novels (only four of which are worth mentioning) so I should probably know how to fix this.
Thing is though, I’m not sure I do. 😀
But I shall try.My modus operandi is to sit down and write. So helpful, I know. But I’m NOT an organized person at all, and truth be told…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
I’ve written one first draft and I’ve started another one.
What I found helped was writing it out on paper, so I couldn’t make changes. Don’t edit if you can avoid it. Certainly don’t worry about whether you’ve got the right words. You can fix them later and sometimes they don’t turn out to be as bad as you might have thought.Don’t even worry…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Well, I’ve never written a novel, but I have done a novelette. Basically there is no wrong way and it will get fixed later. 🙂 I feel it’s just like writing a short story so just go for it.
*stares at post*
That wasn’t much help was it??? I’m too tired to think. I have been playing in the snow. 🙂 We have an awesome hill to sled down and we’ve…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@c-c-lane Wow! You hit the nail on the head. Plot is definitely my stronghold. Characters are hit and miss for me and prose something that takes many passes to get right. It’s all getting better though. Just takes time, some degree of planning to the route, and a fierce determination.
@kate-flournoy Forsooth. It doth make my heart sink. I’m…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@C-C-Lane Hey, that’s great. That’s about the fastest I can write myself, so it’s a good rate.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Well, I edited over 4,000 words, but that’s not exactly as impressive as it sounds because I had already edited it once and most of it was pretty shallow editing. Only about 375 words were actually edited deeply. I’m very satisfied with my plot, but am often disappointed with my scenes. I’ve fixed some of them, but I am sure it’s going to take a…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy Always is. *Presses start button* Gotta go.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@c-c-lane Alright, sweet. I’ll meet you at nine.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@c-c-lane Ok, cool.
Yes, ET is the same as EST.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@c-c-lane I could go for a half an hour right now. If that doesn’t work, I’ll be writing from 8-9 ET tonight (I write at that time pretty much every night except on weekends)
-
BlueJay changed their profile picture 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@hope That is very true and in some ways a benefit to the story, but I still have some things against her. Her calmness seems at times to be almost absurd. The calmness makes her seem less human to me, which is of course too bad. What makes it even worse is that when she hears how her father died, she gets all pale, which (although well and good)…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Miss Morton is really the model client. She has small things she can present, even though they don’t make any sense to her. She’s kept notes and letters… And she’s calm. Probably calmer than Watson with his jumbled phrases and mixed up medications. 😉 She has a steadying influence on the story. One fairly calm figure amide the other extremes of…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Overcomer Mjolnir? How in the name of common sense does one even pronounce that? I tried, and it sounds like my mouth is full of sticky rubber. 😛
And yay for hammer-blows of inspiration! Even if they do inspire you to get up at 12:39 in the morning. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
😀
@Daeus Miracle Max’s retort to Inigo when Inigo asked him if he was the miracle worker Prince Humperdink had fired.
Miracle Max has some great lines. - Load More
