@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Should I do With a Disowned Story? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@c-c-lane Totally serious.
I don’t think the magic will be too hard to get rid of. The only important thing is that Fernix has some dangerous quality that has started a war and that he needs to learn to control.
You could replace this with any number of things, but the one that I’m thinking of and that I think has a lot of potentials is just a…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay I’ll be outlining (or staring at the screen attempting to outline my novella) if you’re going to be on…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic What Should I do With a Disowned Story? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@C-C-Lane Not plot related, but you don’t have to have magic persay, even if you have what might be considered ‘magical abilities’. Since it’s fantasy, it could be an ability that runs through certain lines and has almost died out or something like that. That would mean the spell part might need a little tweaking…maybe he’s reenacting a legend…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus oh hey! That’s fun. I never really was able to write mystery. :/ All the mystery ended up being completely dumb when I finished it. 😛
If I finished it. I usually dumped it after the first paragraph. 😉 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@c-c-lane Do you want to write together in say half an hour? I’ll see if I can make it then.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy I wrote 536. I’m starting a new Ernest the gardener mystery. I think I’ll do a series of them.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Oh. 🙁 I’m so sorry then. I wish I could stay and race you, but life calls. I’ll be writing at the same time tomorrow night though, if nothing else comes up.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
BTW @Daeus I got 1,007 words edited. You?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Well @C-C-Lane, have you been writing, or did you just start? You can count anything you wrote after eight, even if you weren’t specifically racing us.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy Ok. Good.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus yup. Been writing since seven. 😉 Be with you till nine, as always.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy I’m kinda late myself, but are you writing tonight?
-
Daeus replied to the topic What Should I do With a Disowned Story? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@C-C-Lane Maybe we should become critique partners. We sound like polar opposites.
As for what to do, you might consider rewriting it instead of just writing a new story. The chances of it turning out well are better since you already know the world and characters so well, and that could even help you fine tune the conflict. I would just…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What Should I do With a Disowned Story? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Look for possible points of conflict in the structure of your world and with your characters, and ask yourself what would happen if those two opposing forces were pitted against each other— or worse, forced to work together against an even greater foe.
-
Greta replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus This is such a cool idea! I’d love to be a part, if I can remember to write characteristics down. 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@overcomer I haven’t finished a novel before, so I can’t help much there. Sorry! However, I know exactly how you feel because I’ve felt the same way. I’ve heard that the hardest part of writing a novel is writing the beginning. I don’t know whether you’re a plan-out-the-entire-novel sort of person or a start-from-scratch sort of person or a…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@hannah-c Yes, do. I also do chapter outlines and that really helps because then there’s very little to have writer’s block about.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
hmm @sarah-h, that’s a good point, but if so, I think the author could have made that clearer.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@overcomer Let’s see, I’ll try to say something new. First of all, you seem to be doubting your very outline. What makes you so unsure of it?
As for the writing, don’t edit along the way (doing writing corner might help with that) and don’t go back and edit. You can change an idea for what’s going to happen later on, but don’t change anything…[Read more]
- Load More
