@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus 904 words edited, which is actually pretty good considering I was working on a very emotional scene and those are always slow going. What did you get?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus yes sir. See you at nine.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy You writing tonight?
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Element and Weather stones in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 2 months ago
Well wind and rain together would be storms. Perhaps you use them in combination to get more dramatic effects.
Ice and air would be a blizzard. Ice and water would be hail. Ice and fire would be… Mayde they don’t all work. Or maybe fog. -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Element and Weather stones in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 2 months ago
Well wind and rain together would be storms. Perhaps you use them in combination to get stronger effects.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Element and Weather stones in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 2 months ago
@warrioroftherealm fire equals storms because storms…lightning…fire. And I couldn’t think of any other element which would work better with storms.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Ah, so close @warrioroftherealm. I just stopped actually. ): Will you be writing tomorrow?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Hey, in case there’s any morning-ers out there, I’ll be writing for about an hour.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Help please… *puppy eyes* in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
It’s fun to twist prophecies and have them mean less, or something rather different than expected.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help please… *puppy eyes* in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
Huh, a kinda disillusionment. Maybe the prophecy about shield was cryptic and they thought it meant they would receive power from the shield, when really, it was all about the strengthening they would get through the journey.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Help please… *puppy eyes* in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
@anna-brie There’s the prophecy still, but the shield doesn’t really do anything. The shield and spear are just…there. It’s a bit of a stumper. But I think I’m starting to figure it out. Something about the shield not having any power at all; it’s more the journey connected with the shield…
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
It’s actually a little like what we do here, but more competitive. You race to see who can write the most in a set period of time. In this case three whole days.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Help please… *puppy eyes* in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
I’m afraid I’m stumped too. It’s been a while since I read it, but finding the shield was suppose to start everything, according to the prophesy at least.Does the prophecy about the shield and the spear not even exist now?
One thought, perhaps they were expecting the shield to have more power. Trusting in the shield instead of the Prince. I have…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@ClaireC That’s fine. I actually wrote for over an hour before checking back here. Tomorrow would be great. I’m taking part in a word war from Friday to Sunday and want to get a lot done then.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
*chokes* Nice.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Nice.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
I guess so. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
There you go. It all balances out.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus that’s nothing to be sneezed at. (Gesundheit in advance). Tonight was actually really good. I got 1,336 written, and managed to figure out some world-building/cultural issues that were giving me problems with the chunk I was correcting.
- Load More
