@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years, 2 months ago
Here’s something. See if you all agree with it. In my opinion, women tend to be more communicative about it if they are offended, while men are more likely to react in offended ways without perhaps even being conscience that they are offended, or at least suppressing the distasteful idea. A woman might react in offended ways as well, but it would…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years, 2 months ago
Well, men have an emotional reaction first as well, but they’re more likely to put it on the back burner until they’ve thought it through unless circumstances make them succumb (make them succumb more easily) to reaction. Then the brain can follow along in a brutal logic that however is a slave to the passion and certainly isn’t rational when…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years, 2 months ago
Well, men have an emotional reaction first as well, but they’re more likely to put it on the back burner until they’ve thought through it unless circumstances make them (make them succumb more easily) reactionary. Then the brain can follow along in brutal logic that however is a slave to the passion and certainly isn’t rational when viewed from an…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus every thought is a categorical statement? Whew… lucky you. 😛 For my part, though my brain is more or less categorized (think computer browser with a million tabs open in a billion windows), I jump so rapidly from category to category it’s really difficult to keep a steady thread of thought sometimes. I digest information more…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years, 2 months ago
ooh, I want to hear what you all have to say about this.
@hope For my part, I never think nothing. I’ve tried, I can assure you. I do have moments of blurred thinking though. It’s not easy to describe exactly, but I guess you could call it a sort of dull, wandering, fragmented thinking. That’s not super common though.
As for compartmentalized…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years, 2 months ago
So, awhile ago scientists made the stunning discovery that men and woman were different. I still don’t know what sort of mental state I’d be in if they hadn’t figured that out for us. But, besides obvious physical differences, the differences between men and woman are fascinating, especially when it comes to writing and one is writing the opposite…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Heroes and Villains— and what their relationships has to do with Theme in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus oh. *disappointed sigh* Alas, it was not to be. 🙁 😉 🙂 😀 You could do that with a sequel though…
-
Daeus replied to the topic Heroes and Villains— and what their relationships has to do with Theme in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy Huh, I never thought of that. I meant while he was still alive. It could add some depth to see things from his perspective. I’ll have to think about that though. My mom gave me the idea of writing a sequel, so that’s a possible strand I could incorporate.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Heroes and Villains— and what their relationships has to do with Theme in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus wait a second… the Earl? *glances at you sideways through narrowed, suspicious eyes* Ummm… last I checked, the Earl was dead.
I should have known better. The instant you didn’t show me his body, I should have known he wasn’t really gone.
Thanks for the spoiler. 😛 😉
Great point about Luigi Vampa. He’s an excellent ‘grey’ character.…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@hope I got it, I’ve just got to finish another book first before I get to it. I’ll let you know if I cry over it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Hope won’t tell you this guys, but it’s really good. I officially recommend it. Yeah, I may be a little biased because she’s my friend, but bias doesn’t make people cry, and I cried over this book.
So there. -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys, just thought I’d mention that I’m launching a novella this week!!! It’s a retelling of Rapunzel and comes out the fifth, but the blog tour starts today and there’s also a giveaway if anyone wants to enter or check it out here. 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Heroes and Villains— and what their relationships has to do with Theme in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy Very good points. I’m going to have to keep those in mind, though I don’t think I’ve anything to add right now.
But…oh boy. You’ve given me such a great idea for my own characters. Ethaniel killing the villain’s father…but what if it was less of a battle and more of an ambush. He doesn’t care that the battle should take place…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Heroes and Villains— and what their relationships has to do with Theme in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Thanks for this post @kate-flournoy. Despite the fact I should probably be writing right now, I’m glad I read it. I already had this concept in my mind, but not so clearly laid out. I’ll be able to brainstorm about it more clearly now. I think you’ve convinced me to give my Earl some POV time.
One thing I remember from (guess where) the count of…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Heroes and Villains— and what their relationships has to do with Theme in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Okay, so I’ve been meaning to make this post for a while and now I’m finally getting around to it.
I have an observation to share with you guys; something I learned along the way somewhere that I thought was pretty neat and pretty helpful at the same time. For those of you on here who don’t know, I’m absolutely nuts about themes and messages in…[Read more] -
Hannah Olsen changed their profile picture 10 years, 2 months ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus okay, no problem. Good to know. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy. No. I always take Saturday night and Sunday off.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus you writing tonight?
- Load More
