@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I actually haven’t read any of the books mentioned here. Well I skimmed over The Fellowship of the Ring. And that was after saying I probably would never read it. Now I may read the rest of it someday.
I’ve read (listened to) Steelheart and Firefight by Brandon Sanderson. There not fantasy, but super hero stories. Quite exciting. Apparently there…[Read more]
-
Hannah Olsen replied to the topic OYAN considerations in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I have a lot of friends who are OYANers, but I personally havent done OYAN. I am interested though. 🙂 I’ve heard its amazingly helpful!
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic OYAN considerations in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@winter-rose *is late* Heya, I’m an OYANer. XD
OYAN is really helpful and awesome in more than one way. The curriculum is really cool and I loved watching the lessons. The textbook has example clips from other books to demonstrate its point which is nice. Also The Prisoner of Zenda. One of my favorite books. <3
And honestly, one of the best parts…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Prophecy Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope Not sure if this will work for your prophecy, but this is what sounded good to me.
Ancient sign, bitter fate
Scar and oath and quest
Name revealed by righteous power
Shall poison’s power wrestAncient weapon, bitter foe
Shield and spear and doom
Legend shattered, triumph claimed
A sign will show the tombAncient battle, bitter bane,
Night…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Prophecy Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope Not sure if this will work for your prophecy, but this is what sounded good to me.
Ancient sign, bitter fate
Scar and oath and quest
Name revealed by righteous power
Shall poison’s power wrestAncient weapon, bitter foe
Shield and spear and doom
Legend shattered, triumph claimed
A sign will show the tombAncient battle, bitter bane,
Night…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Prophecy Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope Not sure if this will work for your prophecy, but this is what sounded good to me.
Ancient sign, bitter fate
Scar and oath and quest
Name revealed by righteous power
Shall poison’s power wrestAncient weapon, bitter foe
Shield and spear and doom
Legend shattered, triumph claimed
A sign will show the tombAncient battle, bitter bane,
Night…[Read more] -
Hope Ann started the topic Prophecy Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
I’ve written a prophecy for a book of mine and, since poetry is not my strong point, I decided I’d post it here and see what you guys thought, and if you had any suggestions:
Ancient sign, bitter fate,
Scar and oath and quest;
Revealing name brought to light
Power from destroyer wrest.Ancient weapon, bitter foe,
Shield and spear and…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy I’ve read Lord of the Flies awhile ago, as well as Fahrenheit 451 (I need to read that one again) and The Christmas Carol…several times.
As anyone read any fantasy books by Brandon Sanderson. I’m currently reading Elantris. It’s fascinating so far.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Yes, Lord of the Flies is really good. Very powerful. And concise. I really admire powerful concision. *chuckle* *snicker* *choke* They make it look so easy! *wails*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Wow @kate-flournoy. Whoever would have guessed? You read that too?
…Awwweessoooommmmmee
I just finished LOTF two days ago. I love that book. There were sometimes I got a bit confused, but the book was really convincing and the conversation between Simon and TLOTF was to die for.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
No, I don’t remember it, @bluejay. I might have to look that up though.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@daeus Sorry, missed your post. 🙁 So I ended up editing my stop motion instead.
But at least we were both being studious. 🙂 I’ll try tomorrow maybe. -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay Wrote 687 words. Worked for something like 40 minutes-ish.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Ok, @kate-flournoy. It’s good to know you died in peace. I was a bit worried there.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay Hey, great! I’m in till nine.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus the rotten tomatoes have eaten me alive. I’ve been picking since six— my apologies. They’re really starting to come on now, and anyone is liable to instant conscription from here on out. 😉 Tell you what. If I get a night I’m available, I’ll tag you.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@daeus Are you writing? Cause I can join you for 20mins if you are….
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy Are you there, Kate, or have the rotten tomatoes eaten you alive?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Has anyone read “Frindle”???? 😉
- Load More
