@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@graciekry @clairec @the-happy-bookaholic @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @winter-rose @aysia-serene @adry_grace @daeus @belegteleri @overcomer @vanna @faithdk @gretald @kate-flournoy @hislittlerose @writefury @hannah-olsen @zoe-wingfeather @dbhgodreigns @wordfitlyspoken @ivy-rose
Voting ends soon, so get your vote in, if you want it to count.
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Alternative Historical Fiction Book Premise in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@clairec: Tbh, that premise probably isn’t enticing enough to make me really want to read a story. I’m a bit confused about what the main plot is and how her service as a nurse connects to destroying the contents of a secret safe. Is this a spy thriller, action adventure, gritty war story, [insert-other-genres-here]? A good premise should be…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Two more people to notify. (Somehow I missed them.) @rolena-hatfield and @anne-swiftblade. We are voting on a book if you want to chuck in your preference.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Two more people to notify. (Somehow I missed them.) @rolena-hatfield and @anne-switchblade. We are voting on a book if you want to chuck in your preference.
-
Greta replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus That’s awesome! I’d definitely recommend Lord of the Rings. It’s some of the best fantasy out there. 🙂 Or, if you didn’t want to read the whole series as it’s pretty long, you could read The Hobbit. The Wingfeather Saga is also great fantasy.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
Ah, well. This forum just has a maliciousness against poets.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Ha. The whole point of rewriting is to make the editor’s job easier. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus Just wait till you hit your head on the oven door and then you’ll know that houses are not for running in!!!!!!!!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Oooh… that sounds fun indeed. Tell you what, just unleash everything in you. Go crazy. Don’t hold back. Enter euphoria. You’ll get the good stuff down on paper, and all the meaningless stuff I’ll just blast away with my ruthless editing cannon.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper Sure. That would be awesome. Now, to think of another visual poem to do…..
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy, Sure. That would be awesome. Now, to think of another visual poem to do…..
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
I doubt this is going to work, so I haven’t created a new topic for it. @daeus, I’m hoping it will do for you what your poem did for me. When I got the notification email, you poem was how it should be. I’d love this one to be critiqued but it doesn’t make much sense unless it is in the shape it should be. Please let me know if it works. :)…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
I doubt this is going to work, so I haven’t created a new topic for it. @daeus, I’m hoping it will do for you what your poem did for me. When I got the notification email, you poem was how it should be. I’d love this one to be critiqued but it doesn’t make much sense unless it is in the shape it should be. Please let me know if it works. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Oh yeah. Haha. You and procedures. I didn’t think of that. Sounds like a good system though.
In my world, most countries don’t have a strict religious system. I suppose it’s more no religion or humanism stuff in a lot of freer countries, mixed with a good amount of “true believer” people. That being said, there are exceptions I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus eh… well, I got to start it at any rate. 😛 I think I must be anxious or something— subconsciously stalling because I’ve been waiting for this scene so long, now that I’m approaching it I’m a little scared to mess it up… or something. 😛 It’s… kinda big. Harold just got home. For the first time in ten years.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay What!?!? You mean houses aren’t for running in? That’s too bad. And I feel fine, by the way.
@kate-flournoy @draggon-snapper I knocked out maybe ten or so editing points I wanted to get done.
Kate, did you get to write the scene you were waiting for?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Okay guys, I got 654. What about you?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I’m joining you guys, but I don’t think it will be that long. Just had a bit of spare time. @daeus, @kate-flournoy, @dragon-snapper
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@jess You’re not the only one like that. I love acting and sometimes I have trouble remembering what’s really and what’s not. I dream impossible dreams and waste a lot of my time thinking about the future. I guess that might be why Christ said not to worry about tomorrow. Think about today.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Dragon-Snapper nope. Hop in.
- Load More
