@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic May I ask for some help? -World Naming- in the forum Fantasy 10 years ago
Not silly at all @Aella. Actually, I just take words and twist them up and see what I can make of them. Often it’s chance. Once I spelled ‘riveting’ wrong due to tangled fingers, and ended up with ‘Ivreton’. 😛
It also depends on what image you want to evoke with the name. Dignified? Try Eliandor. Fairytale-ish? Phantasmornia. Cute? Bellesmere.…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@winter-rose Thanks for writing. I got some decent editing done and a little bit of research.
-
Greta replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I actually wrote a poem about why I write:
Words of Life
Words are nothing,
Unless I make them something.
Words speak love or hate,
Bring people together or isolate.
Words hold the power,
To help people stand or cause them to cower.
Words force some into a hole of depression,
And leave them alone in this cruel condition.
Too many works…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I actually wrote a poem about why I write:
Words of Life
Words are nothing,
Unless I make them something.
Words speak love or hate,
Bring people together or isolate.
Words hold the power,
To help people stand or cause them to cower.
Words force some into a hole of depression,
And leave them alone in this cruel condition.
Too many works…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I actually wrote a poem about why I write:
Words of Life
Words are nothing,
Unless I make them something.
Words speak love or hate,
Bring people together or isolate.
Words hold the power,
To help people stand or cause them to cower.
Words force some into a hole of depression,
And leave them alone in this cruel condition.
Too many works…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Jess That doesn’t sound bad at all. It’s not a sin to be depressed. I have a cousin who had depression for a while, and she’s a Christian. Following Jesus doesn’t mean that we aren’t going to have hurt and hardships in our lives, so I don’t think it’s “wrong” to be a Christian and be depressed. Jesus didn’t look down at you and think, “Why is…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@winter-rose Sure. That’s what I was just going to do. I’ll probably go till 3.
Btw, Kate doesn’t write earlier than 7:30 EST except on Saturdays.
-
Greta replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Bluejay Unfortunately, with school starting and everything, I’m going to have to sit this one out. 🙁 And you’ll do great as the club manager, so don’t worry. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Jess that’s not terrible at all. I’ve never really struggled with depression, but I completely understand how writing could be an escape, and that’s okay. It’s good to get away now and then. Even if it’s only a virtual vacation. 😉
Not to mention writing can almost be therapeutic— as @Spradlin said, if I haven’t written for longer than normal…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Woah, that’s overboard, but it does sound very fun.
@Daeus I never do anything by halves. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
‘You were wise to seek help from the world most deadly weapon. It’s me.’
Hemmm let me think….*ding, ding, ding.* Now, me me get it right. I do believe that it is Tuffnut. I hope he is spelt that way. *consults good friend google. Ah, yes he is. *clicks submit.*
@dragon-snapper -
BlueJay replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
‘You were wise to seek help from the world most deadly weapon. It’s me.’
Hemmm let me think….*ding, ding, ding.* Now, me me get it right. I do believe that it is Tuffnut. I hope he is spelt that way. *consults good friend google. Ah, yes he is. *clicks submit.*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
Yes it did. Hurray. @daeus.
I know it’s hard to read but, if you wouldn’t mind, I’d love it critiqued. (Maybe I should have made a new topic for this. Never mind What’s done, it done) 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago

I have no idea if this will work….*tries anyway* -
BlueJay replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
I have no idea if this will work….*tries anyway* -
Daeus replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Woah, that’s overboard, but it does sound very fun.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Alternative Historical Fiction Book Premise in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
mmm, yes. I second what Josiah said. The actual synopsis doesn’t catch my attention, but I don’t think you were trying to ask if it grabbed our emotional side so much as if the type of story you were writing sounded interesting. Is that right?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@jess I can totally sympathise. For me, it’s not so much escaping to another world, but I get depressed too and my writing is one of the things that feels concrete, and is always there for me to go to, and won’t change no matter what is happening, and seems to keep getting better even if I do have setbacks in other areas. I can throw myself into…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus oooh, yes. Physical aspects of worldbuilding are crazy fun. All the different flora and fauna… I’m actually going to have to start filling a whole notebook with just made-up herbs and their medicinal/superstitious/mythical uses and history. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper I’m leaving now. Didn’t get much done in fifteen, just dabbled around with a poem. 🙂 How’d you go?
- Load More
