@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus posted an update 10 years ago
@jadamae Hi, Jada. I wanted to see if you were interested in giving KP your input on a bit of a secret project we’re working on. Basically, we’re putting together what we’re calling a NaNoWriMo Devotional. What it is is a series of short entries for every day of November with tips on strong writing, time management, health as a writer, as well as…[Read more]
-
Daeus posted an update 10 years ago
@gretald Hi Greta. I wanted to see if you were interested in offering KP your input on a bit of a secret project we’re working on. Basically, we’re putting together what we’re calling a NaNoWriMo Devotional. What it is is a series of short entries for every day of November with tips on strong writing, time management, health as a writer, as well…[Read more]
-
@Daeus Sure! Just tell me when you need the feedback and whatnot. 😉
-
@gretald Great. Thanks so much. As of yet, the book isn’t fully written, but it will be finished soon. Either Sarah Spradlin or I will probably be getting you what’s ready so far in a day or two. As for a deadline, I don’t have a strict one set yet, but obviously, we need to have the book completely done before November, so it would be really nice…[Read more]
-
Ok, I talked to Sarah and it looks like there might be a short delay in getting you the document, but it should be before the end of the week.
-
@Daeus Okay, thanks. 🙂
-
-
-
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Comics in the forum Art 10 years ago
Comics as in how, @Alia? You mean caricatures/drawings/strips that tell stories? I have absolutely no problem with comics. I love them, if done right. But though I’m an artist, I have zero knack for caricatures. 😛 More’s the pity. I love making people laugh.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years ago
@Daeus Seeking comfort by trying to comfort someone else, that is so true. With sorrow, probably, but especially with fear. If a girl is afraid, she’ll try to find someone more afraid to comfort, or someone who needs help to help, in an effort to control her own emotions.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years ago
@Daeus…seeking comfort by trying to comfort someone else, that is so true. With sorrow, probably, but especially with fear. If a girl is afraid, she’ll try to find someone more afraid to comfort, or someone who needs help to help, in an effort to control her own emotions.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years ago
@hope I think that example could be fine.
As for men giving physical comfort to another male, I’d say it takes three stages. Stage one where the grief is relatively controlled will likely receive a sort of muscling encouragement, the comforter doing something like grabbing the grieved around the shoulders and shaking him. Stage two where the…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years ago
@daeus Thanks! That is very helpful…I’m fascinated by both the mental and physical side. So, about the physical side…I’m assuming it would be more natural to come from other men? Or would other men be less likely to think of a hug than a mother or sister? And while it’s natural for a mother or sister to hug someone who is suffering, what if it…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years ago
@daeus Thanks! That is very helpful…I’m fascinated by both the mental and physical side. So, about the physical side…I’m assuming it would be more natural to come from other men? Or would other men be less likely to think of a hug than a mother or sister? And while it’s natural for a mother or sister to hug someone who is suffering, what if it…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic May I ask for some help? -World Naming- in the forum Fantasy 10 years ago
Orrr Caramin looks cool…especially is someone could trill the ‘r’s out. I envision a world on the more solid, slightly epic side. The only thing that gives me pause is that Caramin sounds like Carman, which is the name of a Christian singer.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Plus both Rey and Anakin were mechanics.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@his-instrument Yeah, I’ve watched episode 1. It’s just been a while.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Lying in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@his-instrument Yes I’ve read that book. And that’s what I thought of when I was reading through just now.
And just to add my two bits worth, not sure if it’s on topic. But you can never lie just once. -
Hannah R. replied to the topic Lying in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@kate-flournoy and @daeus
Thanks for helping me figure that out. Your points make a lot of sense. Besides, I did a little more searching last night, and I found a verse in Leviticus that just flat-out says, “Do not lie. Do not deceive one another.” So that’s that.
I just really hope I’m never placed in a situation where lying seems like it would…[Read more] -
Hannah R. replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Yeah, @kate-flournoy, I don’t think Rey should be Luke’s daughter. Although it would explain a few things. Maybe he left her at Jakku because he was afraid that if she knew about the Force, she would turn to the dark side, like Kylo did.
@daeus, did you ever see episode I? That’s where they revealed the whole Force-is-in-the-blood thing. It was…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years ago
@hope Good question. You’re right we aren’t really the type to collapse in a sobbing heap. Haha 😉 That being said, males are not indeferent to comfort. I have a bunch of random points here. First of all, jut from my impression, males tend to seek encouragment more than empathy, whereas with females there is more likely to be a preference for…[Read more]
-
Greta and
Hannah are now friends 10 years ago -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years ago
Well, this thread had gone much of anywhere. But I have a question. You’d probably be interested in this too, @kate-flournoy…considering out talk of certain characters. *smirks*
Anyway, my question is this. How does a man accept comfort? Each person is different, of course, but if a girl has suffered a devastating loss or is in a low place,…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Bible Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Sarah-h I don’t think I’ll be reading much this coming week. I’m going to attempt going at NaNoWriMo pace with my writing, for one week, to see if I can handle it. But I’m rewriting, so it’s rather different and probably not a very good indicator.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lying in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@His-Instrument great points.
First off, I don’t think the pianist analogy works in this situation. If you commit adultery once, you are still an adulterer. If you murder once, you are still a murderer. If you lie once, you are still a liar. You may not make it your profession, per se, but you are a liar in the sense that you have lied.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Okay. Who’s calling Disney to lobby for us? 😛
Honestly @His-Instrument, I’m torn between Luke and Han as Rey’s father, though I don’t really like either choice. It seems to have been hinted that Han is (in the words of Kylo Ren, ‘… you think of him as the father you never had. Ha. Believe me, you would be disappointed.‘) but her backstory…[Read more]
- Load More
