@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Okay, will someone tag George Lucas please? @George-lucas @lucasfilm @luke-skywalker @the-rest-of-star-wars-related-peoples
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@bluejay and @jess, the live-action Jungle Book is amazing! See, I grew up on the animated one. It was literally the first feature-length film I ever saw, and I used to pretend I was “the girl” (you know, the one who was carrying water at the end of the movie) and make my mom be Baloo or Mowgli. Keep in mind that this was a long time ago. I was,…[Read more]
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@bluejay It’s sad how much America has commercialized Christmas and Easter. My family has never done anything with Santa Claus (is Santa Claus even a thing in Australia?) and we have a “happy birthday Jesus” celebration every year on Christmas morning with family. Easter for us is just a great time to remember Jesus’ sacrifice. A lot of churches…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Daeus m’kay I’m with you.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@overcomer @dragon-snapper @kate-flournoy I’m gonna write till 9.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@overcomer @dragon-snapper @kater-flournoy I’m gonna write till 9.
-
Julia R. replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Hannah and I (she may have mentioned it already) have a theory also about Snoke being the reincarnation of The Emperor/Palpatine, who I loathe. Ugh, when he pushed Mace Windu out of that window and Anikin did nothing…
I don’t know how that would work, but it’s an idea. -
Julia R. replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@dragon-snapper: You mentioned that Rey lived in an abandoned X-wing. However, I’m pretty sure it was an AT-AT (synonymous with an Imperial Walker, I think…). I didn’t catch the thing about the pilot doll, though! That’s cool!
Oh, and your theory about the little sister? Yes!!!!! I have actually wanted that to happen long before I got on…[Read more] -
BlueJay posted an update 10 years ago
I have got BIG news. (No I didn’t just get engaged.) I entered a writing competition a few months ago and the presentation for the prizes was last night. I had just moved out of the 14-18yrs, so I was against adults. *nervous gulp* But here are the results.
Adult short story – Anna’s Savanna – 1st place
Adult poetry – I’m proud to be Australian -…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@overcome Ah, sorry. I’ll be busy for a bit here.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@sarah-h I’m better only because I on medication. After October as things run out, we won’t be replacing them, so we’ll find out if we’ve fixed the problem or not.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
I’m sorry @overcomer. I’d love to, but I need to be getting up now and starting my day. I’ll try for later if you want.
-
BlueJay started the topic The Hobbit in the forum 10 years ago
@graciekry @his-instrument @jess @clairec @the-happy-bookaholic @dragon-snapper @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @winter-rose @ingridrd @aysia-serene @adry_grace @daeus @belegteleri @hope @overcomer @vanna @faithdk @kate-flournoy @jadamae @hislittlerose @hannah-krynicki @writefury @hannah-olsen @dbhgodreigns @wordfitlyspoken @hannah-c @spradlin @i…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Daeus thanks. I think I will. *calls over shoulder* ‘Hey Matthew! Did you remember about the confetti?!’
*grins*
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@luke-c Welcome. It doesn’t matter that you’ve not written much and that it’s not great. A lot of us are only starting. And film making is great too. There are many people who will watch a movie, but not read a book.
@daeus I’ve got an older brother who does writing and software engineering. Also I was just noticing earlier how female dominated…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@luke-C Welcome to KP. I love films. I’m more on the acting side, but I have siblings who love making films.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@kate-flournoy Ah, much satisfaction be upon you. Matthew is pretty satisfied too, so you can celebrate with him.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
oooh, film is cool. I wish I could do that too.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Need Ideas for Fantasy Names (countries, people, etc.) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
We just had a similar discussion recently here: https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/may-i-ask-for-some-help-world-naming/#post-16663
One thing that might help is to ask whether the language of the country tends to use more thick sounds our lucid sounds. This can be a general theme guiding your name choices. I don’t have a lot of experience with…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@Luke-C Hi! I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but being a male, you’re an extremely rare breed of writer. *fistbump* My dad’s a computer scientist, but I guess I never really picked up on that much. More of a writer. 🙂 Are you writing anything now?
Oh yes, and this is the bestistest place on the internet. *nods*
- Load More

Wow!! Way to go, @Bluejay! Great work! Congratulations! So proud of you. 😀
@kate-flournoy Oh, thanks. 🙂 I was so shocked when it happened. 😀
Wow, @bluejay , that’s awesome! 😀
I hope we get to read some of this stuff …
@overcomer *taps side of nose* You might… *mysterious grin* 😀
And thanks. 🙂
That’s fantastic and super exciting! Congratulations! I love the fact that we have amazing KeePers who are sharing their stories. Great work! 🙂 🙂 🙂
From stories shared, we learn. 🙂 @christi-eaton I should go in for quote making. 😛
You totally should @bluejay 🙂 Who knows I may have to use some of your stuff. I love quotes, and accidentally stumbling across good ones 🙂
Sweet @bluejay! 🙂
😉 @daeus Totally (please tell me that you’ve seen Finding Nemo.)
@bluejay I have. What does that have to do with this?
@daeus How can you have watched it and still not know? *faints* Think, man, think. @julia-r Do you know?
Uum, I really don’t know. It’s been several years.
Oh okay. I’ll tell you. Actually, I’ll give you a hint. Think turtles. 🙂
Yup. Welcome to the EAC! Loved the little cameo in Finding Dory.
I got it! 😀
@christi-eaton & @julia-r Yay! You got it. 🙂
@bluejay– Awesome! That’s so cool! Writing competitions scare me. Way to be brave!
@julia-r Writing competitions can be scary. I felt sick as we were driving over. But it is a great reward for all the hard work put into story writing.
Congratulations! That’s really exciting. You keep writing those stories, and someday you’ll make a difference in the world.
@anna-brie I hope to make a difference one day. My younger sister wants to publish a set of stories about a cat called Chaos, that I’ve written, so maybe one day….
Woo Hoo! Way to go, @bluejay
@clairec Thank you. 🙂
Congratulations, @bluejay!!!!!! That is so exciting!
@hope I still can’t believe that it’s happened!!!!!!! Thanks.
@dragon-snapper Finding writing competitions is definitely hard. I only know one or two.
*grins* No worries. *takes one of the ice creams and sits licking it happily*
@dragon-snapper For some reason your comment has disappeared. 🙁 Did you want to write a new one? 😉
*sniffs pitifully* It doesn’t like me!!! Wahhh!
Anyways, I said something about finding KP in my search for writing competitions, and Congratulations!
@dragon-snapper I think it was partly my fault. Did you “reply” to the comment I sent to Hope. Cause I found a spelling error in my message, after you had posted, and so I deleted it and made a new message and it probably took yours too. You can go to you history if you wanted to find out what you said.
DUDETTE!!!! THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!! *high fives all around* SERIOUSLY AWESOME JOB! I am so proud of you! 😀 😀 😀
*returns high five* Ah, thanks Sarah. 😀 😀 😀
Oh, wow @bluejay! That’s awesome! Much applause! 😀
🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 Thank you. 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂
Yay!!! That’s so exciting! I would’ve been so nervous to go up against adults. Good for you! 🙂 Would you mind posting Chaos and The Drummer Boy? I’d sure like to read them. 🙂
@sarah-h I was nervous. Extremely nervous. I only expected a highly commended. I will definitely let you read Chaos and The Drummer Boy. I shall send them to @spradlin for publishing. (Only with Chaos, it’s a series of stories which if you read number 3. (which this one is) it won’t make much sense. I shall have to send in 1 & 2.
@bluejay Great! I can’t wait to read them! 🙂
Hey, hey! @bluejay That’s awesome! 😀 😀 😀 😀 CONGRATULATIONS. <3
Thanks @gretald
So happy for you, @bluejay! Congratulations!
@ingridrd 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 Thanks.
You rock, dude! (How’s that for a Finding Nemo reference. 😛 )
You won ALL the categories??!!
@BlueJay
Sweet…..Totally! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 There were more categories, but those four were the ones I entered. 🙂
So you won all four of the ones you entered!!
That is just…wow.
@emma-flournoy I only got an encouragement award for one of the categories. 🙂
Oh whoops…it says that. 😛
But still!
Wow–that’s awesome @bluejay! Congrats!!!
Thanks @aratrea 🙂
@jadamae Thank you. Well, I thought people might get a bit confused as we had just been told BIG news and then I said I had BIG news. 🙂 🙂 🙂
Aw @winter-rose Thank you.
You guys are all so awesome. 🙂