@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Greta replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@overcomer
I love the topic for the poem! Okay, you said you wanted feedback…so here comes some feedback. 😛‘Till I am overcome
By the multitude in my mind
I am restless fromI would rewrite the last line in this stanza. I know it’s hard (believe me, I know) when you’re trying to find rhymes, but I think a different rhyme with “overcome” w…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
Daeus concurs. Very nice start, but needs a lot of help with rhythm.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
It’s a lovely poem, @Overcomer— great concept, nice dexterity with the words and such— I definitely think it has promise. The one thing I’m not getting though is a consistent sense of rhythm. I’ll be reading, and think I’ve got a rhythm, and then I keep reading and the very next sentence it’s disrupted. I get the impression there IS a rhythm…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
It’s a lovely poem, @Overcomer— great concept, nice dexterity with the words and such— I definitely think it has promise. The one thing I’m not getting though is a consistent sense of rhythm. I’ll be reading, and think I’ve got a rhythm, and then I keep reading and the very next sentence it’s disrupted. I get the impression there IS a rhythm…[Read more]
-
Julia R. replied to the topic Need Ideas for Fantasy Names (countries, people, etc.) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Another way my sister makes names more interesting is switching out vowels in names. For instance…
“a”, “i” or “e” can be changed to a “y”
“c” can often be exchanged for a “k” -
BlueJay replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years ago
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
@overcomer We’ve a topic for this, so head on over and join in. We are studying the first two chapters. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years ago
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
@overcomer We’ve a topic for this, so on over and join in. We are studying the first two chapters. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years ago
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
@overcomer We’ve a topic for this, so on over and join in. We are studying the first two chapters. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic The Sea in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@overcomer Thanks. I think I’ve changed “shiny” but I’ll go and check. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@dragon-snapper WHAT!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn’t write anything, but I didn’t throw a fit. You need to take a few of my B-calm tablets. (I’m sure I’ve mentioned them before) Oh, yes. When everyone was having untimely deaths. *shakes head sadly and starts to repair the damaged chairs and phones*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@daeus I shall have use that suggestion. Cause I got writer’s block too. *grunts in annoyance* But the trouble is I don’t have a pocket knife. *walks away trying to think of a new idea.*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@daeus I shall have to take up that suggestion. Cause I got writer’s block too. *grunts in annoyance* But the trouble is I don’t have a pocket knife. *walks away trying to think of a new idea.*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Howdy friends. I did some editing on five chapters, which isn’t actually that crazy because I was just correcting some things a beta reader pointed out, but I feel pretty good about it still.
@dragon-snapper What I tend to do with writer’s block is take the block outside with a pocket knife and carve the block into a dragon shape. Try it out.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@overcomer *checks internet space* Whew. Just barely enough. Squeeze on in.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@overcomer Yes, jump on board. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Welcome friends. *hands out ice cream cones*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@daeus I can write for half an hour…
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@kate-flournoy Impressive. Hope you’re running goes well. Stay hydrated.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Daeus sorry, gotta run. I got 716 words written though, so I’m pretty happy.
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic May I ask for some help? -World Naming- in the forum Fantasy 10 years ago
@aella One thing to do is purchase a baby name book or use a baby naming app. I have discovered patterns through researching names. For instance, the suffix “win” means “friend” in English. “Geir” means “spear,” “bjorn” means “bear,” “olf” means “wolf,” etc. So you can combine things like that. For instance, I have a character named Garawyn, which…[Read more]
- Load More
