@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia That’s wonderful. The Lord is faithful. 🙂 Give her a pet and cuddle for me, please. *clasps hands together*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Hello! Ni Hao! Anyang! Hola! **Waves**, Etc… in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@charisetter Welcome to the bestestist place on earth. There are lots of place where you can start. Do have anything in particularly?
-
Greta replied to the topic Sherlock Holmes in the forum Book Discussions 10 years ago
@Hope Oh, yeah. The Speckled Band is really creepy. And the plot twist in the Valley of Fear…it was so good. I didn’t see it coming at all. 😀
-
Greta replied to the topic Sherlock Holmes in the forum Book Discussions 10 years ago
@Corissa-maiden-of-praise
Ohh, I love Sherlock Holmes!!! Have you read all the novels? Which was your favorite? Personally, I liked The Hound of the Baskervilles and Valley of Fear the best. 🙂 Which short stories have you read (if any)? -
Greta replied to the topic Musical Theatre in the forum Film 10 years ago
@Bluejay
Well…actually…I was very blessed to play Anne. 🙂
@corissa-maiden-of-praise
My director is amazing (if I do say so myself 🙂 )! I love the plays she picks…well, most of the time. 😉
@clairec
Yup, she’s pretty amazing! 😀@bluejay @corissa-maiden-of-praise @clairc
What plays have you all done? I saw the picture from the pirate…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic A Tale From Two Views in the forum Poetry 10 years ago
@bluejay
That’s great! And those are some tough rhymes you had to work with, there. Awesome job! 😀 -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Sherlock Holmes in the forum Book Discussions 10 years ago
I don’t read lots of mysteries, but Sherlock Holmes was always one of my favorites. Well, except for the kid’s version of The Speckled Band which left me terrified a snake would appear from nowhere when I was younger. 😉 The Valley of Fear is my favorite book (because of the plot twist, among other things…) I also enjoyed the Father Brown…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
(btw @kate-flournoy, are you still up for that?),
@Daeus always, but gimme some wiggle room. I may not be able to take it right away. I’ll let you know when I’m ready for it.
*purposes to return later and give her goals… if she can figure them out… and if she is not suffering from a horrendous lack of sleep next opportunity…*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Sherlock Holmes in the forum Book Discussions 10 years ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise… um… heh. *dons kevlar* I’ve read quite a few Sherlock Holmes and I never really cared for them. I really love intense stories and a good mystery, but I think the thing with Sherlock Holmes is that so much of it just seems pretty close to horror. It’s not technically horror, I know, but those I’ve read are so……[Read more]
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years ago
I’m interested in a few beta readers for a story called “The Golden Conch” Do I have a few volunteers?
@kate-flournoy @anna-brie @spradlin @sarah-h @overcomer @hope @anyone-else -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise No haven’t read them. We actually have a topic called “have you read…?” or something like that in the book forum topic area. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Tale From Two Views in the forum Poetry 10 years ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Thank you so much. It was very hard but lots of fun too.
@daeus, @kate-flournoy, @emma-flournoy, @overcomer, @winter-rose, @dragon-snapper, @everyone
What do you guys think? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Yes, it’s the same here. I think the beach we went to, didn’t get too crowded. There were other people there, but still it wasn’t too bad.
🙂 Great time to go. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise I’d LOVE to meet you. Batemans Bay is gorgeous so it would be a great place to visit. (As long as you like beaches) 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Art Work in the forum Art 10 years ago
🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 🙂 😀 She loves animals too, so it is not surprising that they are a common subject. I just finished a rhino in coloured pencil. When I get a photo, I’ll post it here.
@corissa-maiden-of-praise -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise I am Australian. It was taken on a holiday that we took a few years ago to Batemans Bay.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@corissa-maiden-of-prasie I am Australian. It was taken on a holiday that we took a few years ago to Batemans Bay.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@dragon-snapper YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! I reached 10,000 words in a story recently so I know how you feel. Btw, 1000 words in roughly 20 minutes is very impressive.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@dragon-snapper; @winter-rose I’m leaving now. I got twenty words researched and meaning written. (It’s for a poem I’m writing.) 🙂 Happy writing you two.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Right, so you get up as I go to bed. 🙂 I like sleeping. Then I get up about 7am if I’m lucky. Lucky as in, I stay asleep and have a lie in. Otherwise 6:30 and the day starts. 🙂
- Load More

Me! Me! Pick me! *calms down* Please? (you can get my email securely from @hope)
If @hope is alright with that, we can go through her, or you can send your email address to @spradlin and I’ll take it from there.
@BlueJay Okay, either way works for me… what’s @spradlin‘s email?
kingdompenmag@gmail.com 🙂 So send her your email address and she can forward it on to me.
@BlueJay Done! I can’t wait to read it! 🙂
(Also FYI I’m signing off for now… *see* you tomorrow… or later *today* if I get up before you go to bed. 😉 )
@corissa-maiden-of-praise You’ll have to be up before 6 (for you) to do that. And I’ll be watching a movie with my family so I wouldn’t be able to write anyway. 🙂
Did I hear someone say, “beta readers?” That’s sounds like fun! What do I do?
@overcomer Happy doing what I just suggested to @corissa-maiden-of-praise?
I’ll give it a shot. 🙂 @spradlin should have my email since we’ve written back and forth a few times over K.P. stuff.
You got it!
@overcomer That’s probably the best way. @spradlin Can you send it to me?
Thanks, @spradlin ! 🙂
I can. I shouldn’t be too busy to read something short next month.
@anna-brie I have your email so I can send you the story. (as for short, it is 15 pages long) 🙂
@bluejay Me too!!! 🙂 I’ll post my email and then delete it, so it will only show up in your notifications. At least, I hope it works that way. 🙂
@bluejay I’m afraid I can’t beta read it this month. *scowls while looking over scheduled* I’ve probably too many projects going as it is… Not that I care, but my brain is warning me against accepting another one at this point so I should wait…