-
Lin replied to the topic Hey, interesting internet strangers in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
Art is something ephemeral, something that restores your soul, and leaves you longing for more.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Alpha Readers Wanted!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years ago
@aislinn-mollisong @Emily @Josiah-deboer @that_writer_girl_99 @epicaddie2 @Catwing I think the easiest way for me to do this is to put the novel up on Google docs in four 20,000 word parts. I’ll put up on each week in October (that way you won’t be swamped all at once by 80,000 words!). I don’t really want any comments in the documents themselves,…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 9 years ago
@catwing, by the way, I don’t think I commented on any of your drawings, but those girls look nice! Did you end up finding a name/s? I’m good at names, let me know if you need some!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Alpha Readers Wanted!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years ago
@Emily thank you!!
@that_writer_girl_99 I’m hoping to have made a few changes to it and to be done by the end of September, then to send it out on October 1. I would like to have it back by October 31 (I’m planning to participate in NaNo so I’d like to have it out of the way by then, so I can concentrate on a first draft for November) but if you…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Alpha Readers Wanted!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years ago
@ingridrd no, I don’t think we have!! Thanks for your encouragement though, 😀 it makes my day when people think it sounds intriguing!
@perfectfifths thanks! and no worries, I understand! Thanks for responding, hopefully one day you will get the chance to read it. 😀 -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Awkward hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@lady-pendragon, welcome!! it’s good to have you here. Another dragon? Dragons are very at home here, it seems. I’m not a dragon myself, I’m pretty sure I’m human (but I might be part cyborg, who knows?) but I do enjoy getting to know you elusive creatures more.
-
SeekJustice started the topic Alpha Readers Wanted!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years ago
Hey there!!
So, I have a novel which I’m currently looking over and getting ready to start the second draft. I’m looking for one or two alpha readers who would be willing to read it over and answer some questions once you’ve read it. The book is YA, sci-fi/superhero in genre and approximately 80,000 words long. Here’s my quick blurb which…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writing Mentors in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@overcomer, I don’t have a mentor per se. I am mostly self-taught when it comes to writing, however, there have been a lot of people who have given input into my writing and helped me grow. as @Bethanysinkyroses said, your mentor doesn’t have to be that much older than you, and they don’t even have to be published. Also, are you looking for an in…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years ago
@catwing it was really good thanks! It was an amazing time of getting closer to God and learning more about different cross-cultural missions
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years ago
sorry @catwing, that I didn’t get back to you earlier, I’ve been away at a missions conference. I love the pic, the wings are amazing!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Master and Apprentice–Don't Turn to the Dark Side in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@dragon-snapper, well…I have a teacher in my novel and he’s just called Sensei, but my book is set in Japan, so that might not work for a sci fi book, but you could draw on another culture/language for a name. According to Google translate, French for teacher is Prof. In Danish, it’s Mestre. so you could use something like that.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@destiny, sorry to hear that! Sometimes I struggle with why God doesn’t let me win more contests (and trust me, there have been a lot I haven’t won. actually, I’ve never won any…so…) but I simply think I’m not ready for it. He has some other plan and he’s using this to teach me and to prepare me. Keep trying though, don’t give up, and trust…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@revayah1 welcome to Kingdom Pen! Your novel sounds good! Is it historical fiction?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic So There's This Idea I Have… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@joy, it sounds really cool, I’d definitely read it! If I was you, I’d set it in the real world as an alternative history, but you’d have to make it clear that it was alternate history and not REAL history, so I’d suggest reading some other alternate history novels first for an idea of how they do it. It sounds like a good idea anyway though, good…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic About me in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-watcher, I’m late, but welcome to Kingdom Pen (also, between you and me, don’t mind @Shannon @catwing and @dragon-snapper. They’re always like this. they’re crazy [But so are we all]). Welcome *flourishes a bow*.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@salomew4g I agree, I thought that the romance was just too…romancy in all of Melanie Dickerson’s books, but I think she’s done a good job with her historical settings. I liked the Ranger’s Apprentice, but sometimes they can lag a bit, so you need to persevere. They’re good though, until book 10 at least, after that they’re a bit…meh.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@salome01w4g I love Rosemary Sutcliff’s writing. anything by her you’ll probably enjoy. Melanie Dickerson writes nice books if you like romance/fairytale retellings. Marguerite Henry as well, though hers tend to be children’s books (at least all the ones I’ve read, they’re still good though). Red Badge of Courage is supposed to be good, but it’s…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Emily, thank you! It’s really appreciated.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Shannon, thanks!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Emily @Shannon Okay, I’m glad you guys are fine. @salome01w4g I’ll be praying for your aunt and uncle. On the other hand, in Australia (specifically in NSW, where I live) we need prayer for rain. We usually have a lot of rain in winter, which hasn’t come this year. Its going to make this summer really hot and dry, and a lot of us in rural areas,…[Read more]
- Load More
