-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@jess-penrose I am here if you’re still writing ☺
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@salome01w4g whoo hoo!! That’s amazing news. I’m so glad that you’ve finally found a place! God is good.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Help! I don't understand my characters! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon I don’t have time to answer this properly right now, as I’m on my way out the door, but I would suggest to you finding an online character chart to fill out ( @daeus @aratrea does KP have any character charts or things that might help Shannon?) Start there and I’ll try to give you more indepth advice when I get back. 😊
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daughteroftheking nice monologue! I am madly trying to get 80 before the end of NaNo. We’ll see how it goes!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic This Synopsis Thing Needs Critiquing in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal I think pretty much everyone else has said it, but I’ll confirm. It’s too long and it gives too much of the story away. I think you should condense the first paragraph, but don’t cut all of it out, and then completely get rid of the second paragraph, and then I believe it would be short enough to, say, fit on the back cover of a…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic It's out! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daeus CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@lady-iliara *smacks forehead* of course! Eagle of the Ninth is one of my favoueitr books. How did I not get that?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writing a Fight Scene in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@0-0enyali0-0 you might not have ever been in a battle before, but you’ve been scared before, haven’t you? You have probably been in a situation that made you tense and anxious. Fear is fear, no matter what causes it, and you’ve felt fear, so you’re just as qualified to write about it as anyone else. 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic POV Questions in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@waterlily @dekreel and @sam-kowal have some good advice. There’s also more than one way to do a third person pov. There’s omniscient point of view, as if the author is God who can see and know everything, hear and read everyone’s minds. That can be confusing to read if it’s not written well. An author who pulls it off successfully would be John…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal @alia there we go. The great Ethryndal has spoken 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Ugh. in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@waterlily you could also try writing an outline before you go any further, so that you know where you want your story to go and you can steer it there. In my personal opinion, I would just keeping going with what you have, but that’s your decision. Pray about it and then do what you think is best.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia *sheaths sabre, steps back* Let’s let the other fans decide this.
I have actually read the book, but I can’t remember anything Legolas did in that, except that he was able to walk over the snow where everyone else kept falling in.
And it’s not just Legolas I dislike, I dislike elves of all kinds, I am extremely prejudiced against them…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writing a Fight Scene in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel gave you some really great advice. The key to a good fight scene is making us care what happens. If you’re just writing an essay on who killed who or how this guy punches that one, we aren’t going to care. So Dekreel’s right, put emotion and depth into it. Show us what the MC is feeling and thinking, how do they cope with the battle?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia *draws sabre and various knives* all right!
<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Urgh, Legolas just so perfect and insufferable (plus i hate his hair). Does he contribute anything to the plot?  Not particularly. He’s just there to look handsome and spout poetic words. </span>
Perhaps we should call in the rest of the fans to have their two c…
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily I’d like to read it one day, so don’t give up on it! @aislinn-mollisong @sam-kowal I’m signing out now. Bye!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily no its not actually over until the 30th, but I’ve already got 50k words which is the target, so I finished early.
@sam-kowal its basically a thread where we complain about our WIPs as we write them and encourage each other. Sometimes have word wars and sprints and that sort of thing.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily I’ve finished NaNo but I’m still working on the novel.
Fair enough, sometimes you just need a break from something.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Aislinn-mollisong welcome!!!
@emily what are you working on? Have you finished your lighthouse story yet?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily hooray for Writers Corner #11! I’m here for a bit.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writing Letters Within a Book in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon sorry I’ve been meaning to reply to this for ages. I write to a lot of people all over the place, usually they live a couple pf hours to weeks away. I ask how they are, how they’re family is. If they mentioned something in an earlier letter (like they were having an exam or something) i try to ask how that went. I ask what books or movies…[Read more]
- Load More
