-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Awesome! Currently its cold, so um huddled up in blankets in bed witha beanie on. Trying to convince myself to get up and do some editing on Stars Fill Infinity
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Good morning! How’s things?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Unfortunately I have to disappear now 🙂 good luck with your writing!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Either of you on?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic My Life is Novellas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you! Basically I think everyone else here is right, complexity is pretty much what makes long novels long.
Having said that, my novels tend to be on the shorter side. I love writing novellas and flash fiction and the longest novel I’ve ever written was only 100,000 words (not short, but not…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Okay! see you later 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I got distracted reading Les Mis while looking for a quote 😛 Cool! do you like it?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Sorry, didn’t mean to ignore you earlier 🙂 I’m making some revision notes at the moment. What are you up to?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Good night! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
All right, I’ll go with Adelaide, and she’ll come up with some nickname for herself. And Ladle…it’s still making me giggle now 😀
Yes, I’ve definitely done that with character names too. And real people as well, on occasions.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
True 🙂 I’ve actually never thought about Aaron and Erin being said the same though. But they are, aren’t they?
Ladle??? That made me laugh out loud 😀 I like Day or Dae though, and I can see Quillon calling her Ladle though, and she’d have some silly name for him as well.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
what about…
Florence Quillon
Adeline Quillon
Violet Quillon
Harriet Quillon
Charlotte Quillon
Flora Quillon
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Hmm, actually, I think that Francis is a boy’s name and technically Frances, is a girl’s name. I like Narcissa, but I don’t think it really matches her personality, since I automatically think of Narcissus. Penelope isn’t bad though.
Adelaide is growing on me, though I’m thinking she might need a nickname like Quillon 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
True… Mr and Mrs Quillon were lower middle-class and worked as undertakers, if that helps. My sister suggested Francis and Angelica. What about Adelaide? It struck me earlier that the name Augustine is pretty grandiose, but it also brings to mind very traditional Anglicans or Catholics, at least to my mind.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Oh, really? That’s what I wanted to do for a long time. I don’t know if its what I want to do/what God’s calling me to do anymore, but I still love planes 😀 A lot.
I don’t particularly like the name Tabitha, but it does have good connotations for me, since there’s the really cool Tabitha/Dorcas in the Bible and I knew a girl called…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Proabably a lot more than most people. 😀 I’ve even had a few lessons.
Poor Uncle Bill! Send him my love *blows kisses and hugs at Uncle Bill*
By the way, what do you think Quillon’s sister might be named? I’m thinking at the moment of Tabitha Quillon, but what do you think?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
They definitely would have been able to see each other much better then, because yeah, they weren’t really enclosed. I’m also trying not to overload the story with pilot jargon, and that’s kind of hard.
That’s good. Are Chara and Uncle Bill out of hospital yet?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I don’t know, I’m just terrible at writing descriptions of people fighting each other, especially when it’s not a duel with swords or anything, its more impersonal.
No, I haven’t, but I might have heard of it.
Cool! And how’s that going? Hopefully better than my dogfighting.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Hello! I’m currently trying to edit/rewrite a dogfighting scene (not, like, an actual dogfight, but aeroplanes fighting each other).
I’m terrible at fight scenes, so it’s not coming along very well. You?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Yep, I’m likely to be on later 😀
- Load More
