@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument Ohh… I want to read that! Nice pitch. Assassination, unexpected ruling of barbaric peoples, watching out for other peoples who want you dead, and being only seventeen.
*sits on edge of seat* -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Beta-Readers for a Short story? in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 1 month ago
@alia, certainly! The link is further up on the page and should still be working. You can either comment on the piece or you can make some comments here, I don’t mind.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy Thanks!
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument My project is Finding Secrets (the first of a series). It’s elevator pitch is…
Six friends are called to be a part of the Seven and find three jewels. As they journey secrets start leaking out. And the Seven are put to the test. But the only way to save Allore and find the jewels is to stick together… -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Catwing OH, NOW I understand. 😀
Good luck with your writing for the night! (And henceforth and forevermore, naturally.) -
SeekJustice replied to the topic When is it "to late" to outline your story? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@salome01w4g I second everyone else here, it is never too late to outline and I thoroughly suggest you do it.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument Oh, cookie! *eats cookie* yummy! What is your one sentence/elevator pitch for Prince of Barbarians? If you don’t mind. I like fantasy.
@emma-flournoy Editor-in-chief Nice position. No bugs for anyone? *pops bugs into mouth, crunching them.* Cats and Catwings like bugs and feathers. I told dragon-snapper to destroy pillows instead…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Catwing Oh yes, that makes very good sense. 😀
Well, yeah…not really. I used to write stories. It was BAAAAD. I was young. I excuse myself. 😛 But no, other than the occasional school report/essay, I’m not a writer. Fiction writer. I probably know enough about it to be one, but I’m not. And I don’t really feel sad about it, either. XD I’m…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy *offers untouched bugs and feathers* No one has noticed these… You want some?
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
I looked at the forum to see who was on. And I saw you on the recent forum replies. So I thought, ‘Oh lookie here, I’ll tag them!” @emma-flournoy Non-writer? Not even the smallest of pieces of writing?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Catwing Well I ain’t writing, for one thing. *wiggles eyebrows* I be the non-writer here. 😉 Though I do wonder why you tagged me of all people. How interesting. XD
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Joy, praying. 🙂
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument @emma-flournoy @graciegirl What are you girls working on?
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
And the Catwing stands alone…
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Heehee, new here 😛 in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@CK4always Welcome welcome welcome!
-
Gracie changed their profile picture 9 years, 1 month ago
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 9 years, 1 month ago
Hey @Northerner, I keep meaning to ask this and am only just getting around to it. How’d that Creationist essay you were doing for college go? How was it received?
-
I got 93% on the first draft and 94 on the revision, so not badly at all, I’d say :).
-
Oh yikes, that sounds really good. Sheesh. Did the professors or whoever think you were weird, or is it normal for them to get Christian stuff in a secular college?
-
Umm. . . well, it was the first time I’d had that particular teacher, but with others in the department, I know, I have a bit of a. . . reputation? And I talked like that in class all semester, so he probably had fair warning.
It is not normal for the college as a whole, but I’ve met two Creationists there, one of whom was in Philosophy, so it’s…[Read more]
-
Well good. Could be worse for sure. 😀
(And that argument is so lame. *sigh*)-
It could be a lot worse. But people bend themselves backwards to not appear prejudiced or discriminatory so much that they kind of have to do it for me whether they mean it or no. . . which gets kind of fun (yes, I enjoy a rousing debate, how did you guess?).
(Ugh, yes, it is. People keep saying it, though, and then I have to go and explain that…[Read more]
-
-
You’re an NTP, of course you’d find that kind of thing fun. XD
It’s so hilarious though, because they probably wouldn’t worry about it—at least not so much?—if they were dead certain your view was wrong. I dunno.HA! That video. It’s perfect. Those are some smart Neanderthals. I LOVE when those arguments are shown out for their circular…[Read more]
-
-
-
-
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Do You Want to be Part of my Project? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Shannon That sounds cool…I don’t think we have a mac though. Oh well.
Hey, nice. Hope it works out. 😀 -
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
And the Catwing begins her writing trek into her book…
Who’s on?
@CK4always @shannon @emily @daughteroftheking @that_writer_girl_99 @Who’sOn -
Catwing replied to the topic When is it "to late" to outline your story? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument Great idea!
- Load More
