@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Snapper replied to the topic About me in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@catwing *gasps and recoils. gold coins fly everywhere* You haven’t seen the Emperor’s New Groove?
If you have a chance to watch that movie, do so. It’s awesome. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@catwing @epicaddie2 I’m joining you! Watcha working on?
Now, let’s see if I can do this without getting distracted. *glances meaningfully at KP conversations vs amount of words* 😛 JK

-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@catwing @epicaddie2 I’m joining you! Watcha working on?
Now, let’s see if I can do this without getting distracted. *glances meaningfully at KP conversations vs amount of words* 😛 JK
src=”https://media.tenor.com/images/f74ad68ac12cd5a4128508d11b0ef01f/tenor.gif” alt=”toothless” /> -
Catwing replied to the topic About me in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper Ah ha! Catwings are victorious!
llama face? *blinks* What’s that? *tilts head* -
Snapper replied to the topic About me in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
-
Catwing replied to the topic About me in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper I have my steel armored Catwings outside the window. The golden armored ones went home. After squashing another aspiring conquer. With only their hissing. Fortunately the steel got here just in time.
So never fear @shannon ! You need not run like that muppet! -
Snapper replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@salome01wg Well…if being a writer and not really liking reading at times is a sickness, then yes. But otherwise no. I’m as healthy as any other dragon. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic About me in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
Brother and sister. @epicaddie2 Yes, they are.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Scaring readers in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
If I picked up a book with the MC fearing plants… I would honestly be pretty curious. What made her fear plants?
She could be trailed by assassin cats. That would put danger and have something logical *nods* to be afraid of.
(If it makes you feel better there is a show where the MC is afraid of everything. The viewer still roots for him. His…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic So There's This Idea I Have… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@joy
Awesome! I love the idea, and it could definitely work!
Now my brain is brainstorming even though its not my idea. 😛 -
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
Bye @salome01w4g
@epicaddie2 Welcome! Catching up on KP and showing my brother a GIF that dragon snapper posted. Then writing about Amelia and Chase. -
Catwing replied to the topic So There's This Idea I Have… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@joy Do it. It sounds like a story for Sliders… It’s a dimension traveling show. In their first episode, red meant go and green meant stop. Yep.
But why does your story branch off into a new branch of dimensions? Did a traveler make all of this happen for some cause? Was he trying to go back in time? -
Catwing replied to the topic Invisibility in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 1 month ago
@warrioroftherealm *rubs hands together* Let’s see if I can get at least five…
1. Look at the ground. Invisible people still press down the grass or other things on the ground.
2. Dirt in the air is not where the person is.
3. Something is smeared or stuck on the invisible person, so people can see floating smears. *shruggs* Maybe?
4. When a…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@salome01w4g *jumps back because Catwings don’t like having water slashed on them.* Umm… Too bad. How is the movie over all?
@daughteroftheking @epicaddie2 @that_writer_girl_99 @dragon-snapper @dragon-watcher @emerald-flyer @jessi-Rae @shannon @emily I’m on! -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Scaring readers in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
It all comes down to whether or not whatever you’re considering is believable.
Here’s what I mean by that: given that a reasonably observant person picks up your book, they’ll know it’s fiction. And fiction…well, it’s fiction because it’s not real. There’s an unlimited amount of craziness that can go into a concept like this, and that’s why it…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic So There's This Idea I Have… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
Yes. Yes. I agree with @graciegirl.
-
Gracie replied to the topic So There's This Idea I Have… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Joy Fascinating idea! Definitely thematic potential here. 😀
I’m gonna echo what some of the others said too: I personally would put it in a fantasy world with strong similarities to tie it to the Civil War era. It just sounds plain easier to me because there’s more freedom to wing the details. But it’s, of course, totally up to you, and if…[Read more] -
Gracie replied to the topic About me in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@Dragon-Watcher Welcome to the Kingdom! 😀 That’s an awesome dragon photo you have for your profile pic. 🙂
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic So There's This Idea I Have… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
Whoa, this is a cool idea! @joy
Just saying though…the Civil War wasn’t just about North vs South. It was brother versus brother, father versus son. Each group was made up of thousands of people, with their own beliefs, ideals, and opinions–things they were willing to lose their lives for. That’s huge, especially in the times we live in today.…[Read more]
- Load More
