@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@revayah1 Heya! Welcome to the awesomiest place on the internets!
*pauses strangely and thinks for a question to ask*
Aha! Would you rather where leather boots or slippers to the desert?
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Blog Post Word Count in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@graciegirl I’ve heard it’s best to keep blogposts short because people have such short attention spans nowadays and don’t have time to read lengthy posts. I usually try to keep mine under a thousand words. If the post seems too long maybe you could make it a two-parter (that’s what I do). I’m looking forward to seeing your blog! What kind of…[Read more]
-
Snapper and
Destiny are now friends 9 years, 1 month ago -
Gracie started the topic Blog Post Word Count in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
Hey, guys!
I just have a quick question for all the bloggers out there: How long do your blog posts usually run word count-wise?
See, I’ve been doing a test run of my blog on a private scale to see if I can keep the schedule before I release it into the wider world of the internet. I just finished my first post today only to find it’s just over…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@revayah1 welcome to Kingdom Pen! Your novel sounds good! Is it historical fiction?
-
Snapper and
Sarah Spradlin are now friends 9 years, 1 month ago -
Snapper and
Hope Ann are now friends 9 years, 1 month ago -
SeekJustice replied to the topic So There's This Idea I Have… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@joy, it sounds really cool, I’d definitely read it! If I was you, I’d set it in the real world as an alternative history, but you’d have to make it clear that it was alternate history and not REAL history, so I’d suggest reading some other alternate history novels first for an idea of how they do it. It sounds like a good idea anyway though, good…[Read more]
-
Snapper and
Northerner are now friends 9 years, 1 month ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@epicaddie2 @catwing @daeus @ethryndal @salome01w4g @that_writer_Girl_99 @anyoneelse I’m on.
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Itsy Bitsy Spider is Shelob in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@daeus Oh, and if you reply to this, please do not mention anything you might have observed from reading my book unless its through email. I haven’t told anyone on KP except you about the book and I don’t want to spoil anything for them.
Thanks! 😛 -
Snapper replied to the topic The Itsy Bitsy Spider is Shelob in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@daeus Oh, and if you reply to this, please do not mention anything you might have observed from reading my book unless its through email. I haven’t told anyone on KP except you about the book and I don’t want to spoil anything for them.
Thanks! LP -
Snapper started the topic The Itsy Bitsy Spider is Shelob in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
Dragon Snapper has a problem.
Haha. *deadpan stare* Yes, I know. I melt chairs, and that’s a problem.
Sorry not sorry.
But in a more material sense, I have a problem with my book.
You see, I’m almost done. I’m so close…soooo close. Seriously, I can’t wait to finish it. But! I has problem. Not with plot. Not with climax. But simply, syntax.
I…[Read more] -
Snapper and
Christine Eaton are now friends 9 years, 1 month ago -
Snapper and
Tatiana are now friends 9 years, 1 month ago -
Snapper and
Anne of Lothlorien are now friends 9 years, 1 month ago -
Snapper replied to the topic Dilemmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
Not to mention that I didn’t actually have any dilemmas. XD
-
Snapper replied to the topic Dilemmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@daeus Oh that’s good, because I wasn’t planning on sharing. 😛 I’m selfish like that.
Note: As a general rule, dragons are selfish, especially when it comes to gold.
Or story ideas.
Those too.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Dilemmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
Oh, hey, sorry @daeus I didn’t see this…
I think I need some background on the characters first. And the story. Like, are you just writing a random story? Or writing with a goal in mind?
-
Snapper replied to the topic About me in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@shannon It’s a compliment.
@seekjustice I’m honored. - Load More
