@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Theme in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Allison-Grace *sniffs* They already said it all.
I’ll just second what @Daeus said; you can have as many themes as you think will work, so long as they’re all related and complement each other. For instance, if your primary theme is honesty, your supporting themes could be telling the truth in love and/or telling the truth even when it’s ugly.…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Finished! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@mariposa Aha….I think that I’ll give it to him when it’s done being edited then. *glances over work*
Oh dear. Dinosaur will not read this thing. XD
@kate-flournoy *goes forth and conquers*
@daughteroftheking *hopes desperately that the world doesn’t explode for the surge of confetti*
@emma-flournoy Tis ye olde science fiction. 😀 I think I’m…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@jane-maree @jessi-rae @epicaddie2 @catwing @shannon I’m on for a bit, trying to organize the scenes for my next novel. (YAYAYAYAYAY! So many opportunities!)

Let’s dig in. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Theme in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@allison-grace I was just working on the themes for my sequel, so I can compare my two theme-experiences.
For my first book, I wanted to have way more than one theme. In fact, I had nearly seven-ish themes. Then, I cut it back down to two. Although I managed to make them work, I found it extremely difficult to tackle. Now, I’m just working with…[Read more] -
Jane Maree replied to the topic Theme in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Allison-Grace as Daeus said, two themes is absolutely fine as long as one is the primary theme and one is supporting.
ALSO I HUGELY RECOMMEND THEME MASTERY. Just so you know. XD -
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
You know you’re a writer when you misspell your villain’s name and start to worry.
-
Snapper and
DelightInLife are now friends 9 years, 1 month ago -
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 1 month ago
@catwing Oh, very nice. 😀 I enjoy learning about the ways cats communicate, and I try to communicate to them in the same ways. One of our cats, Minnie, often does a little nod of her head when she see me, to acknowledge me, so I do that back, and I blink slowly at them, which is a sign of trust or affection.
-
Gracie replied to the topic I've never actually introduced myself before… in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 1 month ago
@PrincessFoo Thanks! I’m glad you do. 🙂
Uh, YES. That would be totally awesome if they met. XD
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Forum Announcement! Recent Topics Page in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Rolena-Hatfield Aha, that is a very helpful feature. *thumbs up*
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Ethryndal 🙁 Yes, for sure. And about the next upcoming hurricane which may or may not be horrible, Irma.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Finished! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Dragon-Snapper WHEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAW! Congratulations! What’s the genre?
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Finished! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper Well, too many adjectives give him a stomachache, too many adverbs give him a headache, and cliches make him sneeze. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Ethryndal definitely.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Finished! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Dragon-Snapper *high fives* GO FORTH AND CONQUER, FELLOW DRAGON. *FIERCE BABY DRAGON EYES*
-
Snapper posted an update 9 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-watcher Your tag is so much like mine. XD
I keep seeing your tag and doing a double take. “What? Someone tagged me and I didn’t get the notification? Wha?”
😀 -
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
That is so weird…
@catwing Bye!
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
I have to go…
@jessi-Rae Bye!
My test results are not good. See above two pictures. -
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
This is a test…

-
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@jessi-Rae I know.
- Load More
