@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Catwing replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 1 month ago
@emily That’s what I was going for. Thanks.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@epicaddie2 I’m still here! Welcome.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@catwing I’m signing out now. I wrote 559.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper Thank you.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper @daughteroftheking @salome01w4g @his-instrument @jessi-Rae @Emily @that_writer_girl_99 @seekjustice
This is another Catwing.

-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@catwing And you beat me to it by a few seconds. Good job! XD
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@daeus @epicaddie2 @jane-maree @catwing @shannon @emily @bethanysinkyroses @daughteroftheking
I’m on for a bit. Writing this time. -
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper @daughteroftheking @salome01w4g @epicaddie2 I’m on. (Sorry I gone for days, but you see I was not feeling well then I was captured by these adorable dragons. But I’m back to write again!)
-
Catwing replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 1 month ago
@perfectfifths That’s cool. I try to talk cat too.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Scaring readers in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@daughteroftheking Thanks. He is very soft. (Though he’s older than the pictures now.)
-
Snapper replied to the topic Master and Apprentice–Don't Turn to the Dark Side in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@daeus Sometimes, I’m really not sure what to do with you…
@kate-flournoy If I try to imagine myself as an introvert, I don’t like it either. XD
@graciegirl Ooh, that’s a good idea. I might use that along with @seekjustice ‘s idea of another language.
Notes to self: *do not steal the use of the word Kreylar, even purposefully…[Read more] -
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Discussion for Video Seven: Negative Character Arc in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 1 month ago
@aratrea You’re right, I don’t think he does, apart from possibly being more afraid of “Uncle.”
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Master and Apprentice–Don't Turn to the Dark Side in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper, well…I have a teacher in my novel and he’s just called Sensei, but my book is set in Japan, so that might not work for a sci fi book, but you could draw on another culture/language for a name. According to Google translate, French for teacher is Prof. In Danish, it’s Mestre. so you could use something like that.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@destiny, sorry to hear that! Sometimes I struggle with why God doesn’t let me win more contests (and trust me, there have been a lot I haven’t won. actually, I’ve never won any…so…) but I simply think I’m not ready for it. He has some other plan and he’s using this to teach me and to prepare me. Keep trying though, don’t give up, and trust…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Master and Apprentice–Don't Turn to the Dark Side in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
Hmmm…
Synonyms for master in this case could be: Mentor, advisor, guide, counsel, teacher, trainer, sage, tutor, guru, chief, elder. Maybe, if there is a lot of formality, you could come up with some other title, like calling the master’s “Father” since they’re teaching them the skills, or whatever.
Synonyms for apprentice (if you’re also…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Master and Apprentice–Don't Turn to the Dark Side in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Dragon-Snapper uhhh… hm. Is… would it be possible to simply skip the titles altogether and simply let it be implied in their relationship? Or is it too much of a systemic thing?
And I may or may not have just had a minor heart-attack trying to imagine myself as an ESTJ… *shivers* XD -
Jane Maree replied to the topic Master and Apprentice–Don't Turn to the Dark Side in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@Dragon-snapper my immediate thought was instructor/trainer because that sort of sounds like it might fit? Hypothetically, of course. XD
-
Catwing replied to the topic Master and Apprentice–Don't Turn to the Dark Side in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper So you’re looking for words other than master? *taps paw on chin in thought*
Teacher
Instructor
Liege
Commander
Leader
(Maybe they could call the ‘master’ by their name or title?)
Maybe that will help?… -
Snapper replied to the topic Master and Apprentice–Don't Turn to the Dark Side in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@emily Dragons like to be record holders. You should as Dragon Snapper. She’s always trying to win. XD
Well, it’s a sci-fi novel in a sci-fi time and setting…not really sure how to describe that. Haha! 😀
And I didn’t want to use master because some of my book is already like Star Wars, and I don’t want it to be too much like it. Master and…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 1 month ago
@bethanysinkyroses @epicaddie2 I’m headed out now. I wrote 1146 words and made a compiled a list of edits from an alpha-reader. Good luck!
- Load More
