@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Inspiration for an Art-icle (pun intended) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@delightinlife No, abstract art has never really been my thing. 🙂 I tend to lean towards more realistic for my pencils drawings and for paintings an almost yet not quite impressionistic style.
@dragon-snapper I’m proud to shake hands with another self-taught artist. Yes, hair is horribly hard. And hands. For a while, I could hardly handle hands.…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Inspiration for an Art-icle (pun intended) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@delightinlife No, abstract art has never really been my thing. 🙂 I tend to lean towards more realistic for my pencils drawings and for paintings an almost yet not quite impressionistic style.
@dragon-snapper I’m proud to shake hands with another self-taught artist. Yes, hair is horribly hard. And hands. For a while, I could hardly handle hands.…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Inspiration for an Art-icle (pun intended) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@delightinlife No, abstract art has never really been my thing. 🙂 I tend to lean towards more realistic for my pencils drawings and for paintings an almost yet not quite impressionistic style.
@dragon-snapper I’m proud to shake hands with another self-taught artist. Yes, hair is horribly hard. And hands. For a while, I could hardly handle hands.…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic Alpha Readers Wanted!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years ago
@seekjustice *fly in frantically* I can read it! It sounds intriging and strange. *sighs* Is there still a spot?
I like superhero stories… *glances at heaping pile of ideas* Why are my ideas always for animal powers? I guess I like animals.
*shakes your hand* Thanks for tagging me.
Also I understand you. *nods* -
katie replied to the topic Inspiration for an Art-icle (pun intended) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@mariposa – you’re welcome! you are so sweet 🙂
-
katie replied to the topic Awkward hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
That’s awesome! Congrats on finishing 2 (almost 3!) books! (even if one is a mess, like you suggest 😉 ) I still have the need to finish even one book! 😀
-
Gracie replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@alia sure thing. 🙂
Hey guys, I know she put in a request a page or two ago, but I wanted to kinda retirate it anyway. Continued prayers for Elizabeth’s family would be so appreciated! Her home is still without power from the storm. I know that I’d be super stressed by this point, so prayers for her and her family that they’ll stay strong and…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Alpha Readers Wanted!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years ago
Hi @seekjustice! The superhero genre is one of my favorites, and I’m definitely interested in reading through your book!
However, I don’t know if there’s a specific amount of time you want me to read it in; I’m in school now and don’t have a lot of time on my hands.
Still, I definitely want to read your book!
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Alpha Readers Wanted!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years ago
@seekjustice Wow, sounds like a great story! While I’m not interested in alpha-reading (sorry!) having already got a few other friends’ works I already alpha/beta-read for, I just wanted to let you know that I am most definitely interested in reading it. You have what sounds like a compelling protagonist, a complex villain, and a great plot. 🙂 I…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Alpha Readers Wanted!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years ago
Hey, @seekjustice! I don’t believe we’ve met yet. I’m Ingrid (@ingridrd). This story sounds very intriguing! I would so love to read it, but unfortunately don’t have a lot of free time on my hands at the moment. 🙁
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Awkward hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@lady-pendragon, welcome!! it’s good to have you here. Another dragon? Dragons are very at home here, it seems. I’m not a dragon myself, I’m pretty sure I’m human (but I might be part cyborg, who knows?) but I do enjoy getting to know you elusive creatures more.
-
SeekJustice started the topic Alpha Readers Wanted!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years ago
Hey there!!
So, I have a novel which I’m currently looking over and getting ready to start the second draft. I’m looking for one or two alpha readers who would be willing to read it over and answer some questions once you’ve read it. The book is YA, sci-fi/superhero in genre and approximately 80,000 words long. Here’s my quick blurb which…[Read more] -
Snapper started the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 9 years ago
Well, the other one was too long and wouldn’t let me post. So here. Character art exchange, continued….
@catwing I love her hair!
@mariposa @ethryndal @kate-flournoy @graciegirl @anne-of-lothlorien *waves manically (thanks Graciegirl) Art is over here now!!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years ago
@catwing Ooh, nice! Love her hair!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Awkward hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@lady-pendragon Hello, hello and welcome to the (yes, you guessed) BESTISTEST PLACE ON THE INTERNETS! Hahahaha!
Ooh, are you a dragon? I is a dragon too. Nice to meet you. *shakes hand very vigorously with dragon talons*
So, who’s your favorite music artist? -
Snapper replied to the topic Inspiration for an Art-icle (pun intended) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@mariposa Kapeefers. Ah, well, I basically learned to draw the same way you did, trial and error and lots and lots of practice, but the one thing I always have the hardest time with is drawing hair. For some reason, I can never manage to draw girl hair that is curly.
-
Snapper replied to the topic I have this intriguing story – but it needs twists in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@josiahdeboer Um…plot twist. What if the evil dictator, either one, did something nice. Like, not “Here. I’m a nice dictator, I’m going to feed the poor and house the homeless”, no, something that would add a bit more depth. Like, if he loved his son, and they used to be good buddies, and then you can insert something tragic that makes them…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years ago
Okay, so the duo is Caiden and Braydan. (Left to right) And the she will be Lady Monica Eleanor of Lotus.
@epicaddie2 I like that name. 🙂 Good job. Ariel was definitely the hair.
@daughteroftheking It’s complicated. So the book ‘Finding Secrets’ is about the Seven. Yes, there will be Catwings… But not until the second book. Here’s a…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
And I’m off! So long.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writer's Corner #8 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
I’m still on if people were wondering… 😛
- Load More
