@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Inspiration for an Art-icle (pun intended) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Mariposa Yeah, it wasn’t bad! I didn’t like it nearly as well as M I, but it was still pretty good. You?
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
I just read that story you had on it, The Broken Scythe. Wow…I have chills, seriously. I love it! 🙂 I’ve always liked your writing, @kate-flournoy.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@TheAcornMan Oh yeah, the costumes (and most other aspects) in Hornblower are absolutely fantastic. (I LOVE British acting. As with everything there are exceptions, but British acting is as a general rule much better than American. It’s amazing, and part of what makes the movies from BBC and other British companies so good.) AND the main…[Read more]
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Oooh, thanks! *Grabs link* You site looks so cool, @kate-flournoy ! 😀 Oops, *starts using whispering voice* sorry. 😉
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Oooh, thanks! *Grabs link* You site looks so cool, @kate-flournoy ! 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
HEY @ETHRYNDAL, ME LIKES THE DICTIONARY. But as that was obviously intended to be disparaging, GO TO YOUR ROOM.
To recompense you have the supremely difficult task of figuring out just what ‘les miserables’ means in French. *scowl* And once you read that book I will likely be madder than you have ever seen if you still call it a…a DICTIONARY!…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Overcomer *glances around cautiously**whispers* here. Have a link. It’s not running yet but I have it up and a few things on it, and if I don’t give it to you know I’m gonna forget. 😛
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Sure, I will. 🙂 Be sure to share yours, too. I can’t wait to read it, @kate-flournoy .
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Overcomer nice! Share it with us once you have it running. 🙂
-
Mallory O'Bier posted an update 9 years ago
Writing is risky. That’s what makes it so exciting.
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
I’m actually making a blog too, @kate-flournoy , mainly to give me practice in writing and sharing my work regularly. My blog is mostly for non-fiction though, articles and snippets of stuff, but I also hope to use it to build my platform. (I’m not overly concerned with that at this point though. I’m just focused on developing my writing…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 thank you. That means a lot. 😉
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
I really don’t think I’m the right person to help you out on this @kate-flournoy, especially since… well, you’re one of the people who helps me with my writing the most.
But I’ll be praying that you find a solution to this.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Overcomer I know! I’ve missed you. 🙂
That sounds like a great book, and that is an excellent thought. I have a grand total of two colleagues (@Daeus @Hope) but we have strengths and weaknesses that balance each other out, so we can all learn from each other and teach each other in different ways. You’re right; those partnerships are crucial.
A…[Read more] -
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Hey, @kate-flournoy ! It’s been a while. 🙂
I was just rereading a book (I highly recommend, especially for new or struggling writers) called “Writer…Uninterrupted,” and it asked that I make a list of people who were on my writing “team,” like “List the one teammate you would call when you are in trouble on your quest.” I realized that I…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic What Is Your Favourite Tool To Use As A Writer? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Emily-d my two favourite resources are a) my 20 step plot outlines and b) my notebook. I’ve always been a pantser, but I found that didn’t help me finish projects. somewhere, and I really wish I could remember where, I read about the 20 step plot outline, which is essentially twenty steps through your novel 1 being the beginning and 20 being the…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic What Is Your Favourite Tool To Use As A Writer? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@emily-d Let’s see. fantasynamegnerators.com is one of my favourite resources. I noticed a few people said their brain, and I agree, but I’m also going to add my friends’ brains. 😛 Nothing helps me more than brainstorming and picking the brain of my alpha-alpha-reader. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mentorship in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Daeus thank you. Good thoughtful answer. Believe it or not I actually hadn’t thought about it one way or the other; doing long term or not, but now that I have, it’s a definite yes. I never really set my heart to do anything unless I’m going to do it long term anyway. 😉 If it was just for promoting myself— yep, website. But since I feel like I…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 Halt’s glaring at me? Uh oh. Please, can you disarm him?
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
0_o did someone say Interstellar? *vanishes through secret trapdoor under bed ne’er to return* The Gracies is freaked out by that movie, yes they are. Their Dad made the Gracies watch it and now she cannot listen to any Hans Zimmer without shivers.
- Load More
