@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 Byeeeeeeeeeee!! XD
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
eesh. I only recently learned what a character arc was, and I’m still trying to figure out how to write one. @epicaddie2 But what @dragon-snapper said is right. We’re people, constantly learning what’s right and wrong, just like our characters. If you strive to portray that accurately, then I’m not sure you can restrict an arc to any length.…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 Not from what I know of. If you’re worried that the character arc isn’t going to fit in your book, then I’d shorten it, but the characters is what carries your story. The character arc should not be immediate or too small. Character arcs can last for a few books maybe too, if its a major life aspect.
But if you think about, our lives…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic A Prison Problem… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Alright @aratrea thanks for replying! I’ll see what I can do…
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic A Prison Problem… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
In regards to the Warden’s specific character, I think I agree with you. I guess my problem is with the theme…the way I want the characters to act regarding the Warden heavily relies on what they believe about choosing mercy over revenge, or the reverse–revenge over mercy. I’m not sure how to convey that with regards to the Warden’s character,…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Hello, Kingdom Writers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@livylynn Yes, you definitely need to go again. They’ve added a lot of new attractions. However, if you are a Star Wars fan, I recommend postponing your trip until the new Star Wars area is opened in Hollywood Studios (if you can wait that long). 😉 If you ever need any DW tips, let me know, I have loads of them. What are your favorite Disney…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 Welcome!
@that_writer_Girl_99 Motion Picture class? That sounds like so much fun! I’ve looked into scriptwriting before, and yeah, the format is odd. I find Times Roman much more friendly. 😛 -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
I’m working on a thing for my Motion Picture writing class. So…schoolwork, but still fun. @dragon-snapper
Although, can I tell you a secret? My least favorite part of writing the script is adhering to the script format. It’s strange and feels constricting.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hello, Kingdom Writers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
Okay, wait a minute, what? @shannon I heard something about a youtube channel. You have a youtube channel and you sing?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g @daeus @that_writer_Girl_99 @catwing @epicaddie2 I’m writing now, and might do some editing later, but whoever wants to join me…
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Smooth/Effective Dialogue in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
I’m definitely not the best person to help out on this, because I struggle with it too, but something that I’ve picked up while being on KP is the concept of “show not tell”, something that helps to infuse dialogue with physical actions, emotions, or facial expressions.
Think about your characters. When they’re angry, do they clench their fists?…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Smooth/Effective Dialogue in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
First things that come to mind:
If a conversation is only between two characters, you don’t have to have a tagline every time. For example:
“I love this soup,” said Bill.
“Thanks,” Karen replied. “It was my mother’s recipe.”
“Did you have this a lot growing up?”
“Yes, we did.”
Since it’s only the two characters, you can easily follow the…[Read more] -
Elizabeth started the topic A Prison Problem… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Hello everyone!
So here’s the deal: some of you may know that I’m working on a novel called Prison–the concept of which is rather long and complicated and isn’t entirely relevant to this thread. Some of you may also know that this particular WIP has been put on the backburner for a bit, at least until my college classes release me long enough to…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Hey, I could use some prayer. Tomorrow, we’re driving to Maryland for my grandpa’s memorial service (he died last week). Please pray for my dad and his siblings especially during this time.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@catwing and @epicaddie2
I’ll be praying for you all! I know how stressful switching houses is. 🙂 -
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Signing out now. 🙂
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
*peers into murky blackness of the internet* Anyone home??? I’m writing if anyone wants to join me. *thoughtful look* Who is this ‘anyone’ person, anyway? 😛
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Book Length in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Thanks, @livylynn. 😀
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@seekjustice I’m leaving too. Bye.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@catwing yay!!we get to edit plot holes together!! I’m afraid I need to go now as my siblings are calling, but I got a whole handwritten page which I’m happy with.
- Load More
