@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@winter-rose I have all my characters down pat for my Nano novel, but unfortunately I haven’t really got a plot yet, I’ll have to get to outlining sometime soon.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
I have to say, I roll my eyes at shipping Rey and Kylo. Not that I’m saying it won’t happen, but I honestly find the fanning over those kinds of things a bit silly. But if it happens, then I’ll probably be for it, since it’s cannon. 😉 As of now, I don’t think so.
I hope I’m not raining on your parade, it’s only my opinion. 😛
But I am looking…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@Winter-Rose oh… please. I mean… yeah, don’t even start me. I have so many… there are so many… yeah.
Yep. Redemption arc all the way.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@Emma-flournoy I know. I mean, I do that (which is probably why I even thought to notice) and sometimes it gets ironic on accident, but… mm-hm. It does make one think.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@winter-rose hey, I’m here doing some critiquing!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
He’s a really great character in that he’s real–he’s not a perfect villain, and there’s this strange thing about him where he’s fighting the urge to turn to the “light side”, something not seen much in movies.
@That_Writer_Girl_99 Precisely. 😀 I agree. Did you know he’s an INFP?
@Kate-Flournoy Um, ow. *chokes* If that is an accident it is…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 12 months ago
@Jess-Penrose Mind like a steel trap, eh? Whoa.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
… guys…
I just noticed something. The meaning of the name Ren is king. The meaning of the name Rey is king’s advisor, or more literally, queen. I even went and looked it up to double check. That is… most intriguing.
@Daeus @Emma-Flournoy @Princessfoo @That_Writer_Girl_99 @Ingridrd @LifeofKatie @winter-rose
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@Princessfoo ahhh… hm. Logically and theologically faulty, but then again I don’t watch Star Wars for the theological correctness. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@lifeofKatie I knowwwww. So much epicness.
@Ingridrd I know. I’m trying (unsuccessfully) to keep my head on straight so I don’t fall too hard if the film is a flop. 😛
@PrincessFoo what are grey Jedi? Pardon my ignorance, but I’m not one of those Star Wars ‘superfans’ that know everything about everything… I’m just here for the storytelling.…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree posted an update 8 years, 12 months ago
@clairec @perfectfifths @f5a8c3e92 @seekjustice @All-other-Aussies
I’m hunting you up today to ask a quick question. Hope Ann’s book Burning Rose is currently about $32 to get in paperback from Amazon. Needless to say that’s way expensive and takes ages to get to us.
BUT depending on how many of you + other Aussies are interested, I might be…[Read more]
-
Ingrid changed their profile picture 8 years, 12 months ago
-
Ingrid replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@kate-flournoy
I…yes…um…I can’t quite…I’m so…
*fans herself*
My heart was literally beating ten times faster than usual at the end. ThisjustlookssoepicandamazingI’mnotsureIcanwait.(I hope the actual film doesn’t let me down.)
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@Emily that is so cool!! I didn’t think I’d find a fellow pilot on Kingdom Pen! What kind of plane does your brother/you fly?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@alia i’ll be praying for you 🙂
@epicaddie2 definitely praying
@emily I’m flying in a little planne in that pic, not actually flying it. I do fly when I have spare time though 🙂 -
katie replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@kate-flournoy I was like totally waiting for someone to start a thread on this truly EPIC trailer 😀😀😀 there are so many emotions and plot ideas swirling around in my head 😍😀😀😀 I.cant.wait.seriosuly.cant.😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 12 months ago
@xonos-darkgrate welp, you’ll have to watch it to find out, I suppose.
-
Snapper and
Kylie are now friends 8 years, 12 months ago -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Synopsis Help in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 12 months ago
True, but all other movies rate far lower on the epic-scale. @jess-penrose
-
Elizabeth changed their profile picture 8 years, 12 months ago
- Load More

Welp, I haven’t ever read Hope Ann’s books, so I don’t know if it’s something I’d enjoy (no offence to Hope Ann intended at all!!). And $20+ still seems like a lot for something I don’t know I’d like.
Then again, one of my good friends loves her books, and so far everything she has recommended to me I’ve loved. However, for now, I’m going to say…[Read more]
@perfectfifths That’s totally fine! 🙂
@clairec @f5a8c3e92 @seekjustice what about you guys?