@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Catwing replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@Daughteroftheking That looks cool. Mysterious and book-y.
I had a similar problem with my photos.
When you opened your profile in a new tab, did you use the same tab for both collages? That may have glitched it. So after you copy the link you have to close the extra tab (Not this one.), and open a new one to copy the other picture. (Or you could…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Well, that happened. @epicaddie2 Oh, well…
@xonos-darkgrate praying. Being out numbered can feel awkward. (For some weird reason when you said you’re smart for your age, it made me think of Hiro, from Big Hero 6…) -
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 11 months ago
Why is it that all of the famous authors have to have a J starting their first name? J.R.R. Tolkien, John Flanagan, J.K. Rowling, Jennifer A. Nielsen…
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Problem Child in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
*double facepalm* And I used the wrong form of ‘your’. My apologies, grammar fairies.
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Problem Child in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
Why do I always forget about my own topics? *facepalm*
So first off @daeus You’re point about the lessons to be learned does open up a lot. I planned the second book by plotting out the theme first…I guess I should do that again, just for a national scale. And indeed it works very well. And usually, I would plot it out from beginning to end, I…[Read more]
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@ethryndal @dragon-snapper @daughteroftheking Those are all so awesome! I love them!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@Ethryndal OH that makes sense too…yeah. Whenever I see fancy dresses in non-fantasy looking collages, I automatically think steam-punk because where else would dresses be worn? 😛 But no, that fits too.
Come to think of it, she’s only that evil 60% of the time.
I’m glad to hear it. 😂
She sounds seriously intriguing though.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@Ethryndal Ohh. Whoa. She looks to be a character all right. Vena LaVere? Right? The name FITS.
Is the genre steam-punk-y? That’s sorta what it feels like, with that dress and the bottle (be it filled with caustic wit or anything else). -
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@salome01w4g @dragon-snapper @emily @shannon
UPDATE: thanks to those of you who were praying for my sister. Unfortunately, she went to the doctor yesterday and they said she has mono. Please pray that the rest of us don’t get it and she would have a fast recovery! Thanks again. -
Snapper replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@xonos-darkgrate I think the youngest person we have is 13–that’s how old I was when I joined but then time happened so now I’m older…. XD
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
…you’re younger than 15? @xonos-darkgrate I did not see that coming.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic My New Fantasy Book Idea and Endeavor in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 11 months ago
Wow, it sounds like you’ve put a lot of thought into all this. I like how it sounds sort of darker and edgier, but still good (as in good is good and will triumph).
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic My New Fantasy Book Idea and Endeavor in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 11 months ago
Solid story idea. I think this could be really cool. Like @daeus and @kate-flournoy said, though, I think articulating exactly how the magic thing works could be tricky. But from what I’ve seen, it looks like you’re well on your way to solving it.
Everything that needs to be said has pretty much already been said here,…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@ethryndal I don’t think I want to meet your…er…other very cool personage. 😉
@dragon-snapper Cool!
@daughteroftheking I love all the photos in your collage. It reminds me of beauty and the beast. -
Louise Fowler replied to the topic My New Fantasy Book Idea and Endeavor in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 11 months ago
@xonos-darkgrate @daeus Maybe it’s that, the power is used by everyone, but depending on who you use it through and for if it’s light or dark or grey. It could be like praying, if you pray to God (the only one you’re supposed to pray to), or to idols or other things.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@ethryndal *shivers* She looks fun to write. Her collage just makes me think “blood”. 😉
@dragon-snapper Well done! I love the picture of the trees.
@daughteroftheking Very cool! I’m guessing the ladybug has some significance? -
Catwing replied to the topic Finding Secrets~ To Uncover A Synopsis in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@jess-penrose Yay! I’ll brainstorm some tomorrow. That would probably be a good idea. 😉
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
I tagged bye. 😛 @jane-maree Oops.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@bye @jane-maree !
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Okay. 😉 I put things off too… *nervous laugther* @jane-maree What’s the general plot idea?
- Load More

Add James Riley to that list. (Not famous. I don’t think. But really good.) XD That’s funny.