@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic How does one write an unhappy ending? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
Hi @jess! Nice to see you again. 😉
I don’t have too much to say about this, but I will lend you one thought: life isn’t always happy. What I mean by that is, we might like to think that happy endings lie around every corner, but that isn’t always true. Sometimes it’s the exact opposite.
What does this mean for you? It might mean that you need…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How does one write an unhappy ending? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@Jess lovely topic. I have a lot of thoughts on unhappy endings, but I haven’t got time to consolidate them all now, so I’ll just leave you with the biggest two.
The first is the concept of catharsis. The reader must be satisfied in some way or other. The reader must feel that something was gained; that the world is somehow better as they leave…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Kapeefer Poem in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
You never cease to amaze me, dear. Nice work! This is hilarious.
-
Jess started the topic How does one write an unhappy ending? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
*sneaks into forum. realizes that I’ve disappeared for a while.*
Hello! I’m back!!!I’m in the middle of plotting a novel, and I realized that I’m going to have to write an unhappy ending.
It’s going to be unhappy in the fact that my protagonist doesn’t get what she’s worked for during the entire book. I think she’s going to realize that…[Read more] -
Anne of Lothlorien started the topic Kapeefer Poem in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
So, yeah, I did it.
I wrote a poem about us.
And @kate-flournoy loved it, so I decided to share it with y’all.
Here it comes… for all who want to read it
@hope @emma-flournoy @daeus @aratrea @dragon-snapper @michael-stanton @bluejay Can someone tag some more, my mind is going blank.I’m a Kapeefer!
(What rhymes with Kapeefer?!)
Closest t…[Read more] -
Joy changed their profile picture 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Inspiration Board in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@allison-grace What a neat idea!
Here are two quotes I love…


-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic The Golden Ziggurat in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@daeus Hmm… I might be able to do it (I find I often underestimate how quick I can do these things). I’d just like to ask about content, if there’s possibly anything some people might not be comfortable with?
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic The Golden Ziggurat in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@daeus 8,900 words? Do you have a deadline?
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Three and Seven ~ Finding Secrets in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing So it looks like @jess-penrose and I are swapping. 🙂
-
Louise Fowler and
SeekJustice are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@daugtheroftheking bye!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
yay! Writer’s corner #10!!! *looks around and realises that she’s talking to no one* hey, @Clairec @jane-maree @perfectfifths @anyone-else I’m outlining if anyone wants to join 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Three and Seven ~ Finding Secrets in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing okay, so that’s pretty short *breathes out in relief* like @perfectfifths said, I have holidays for half of dec and all of Jan and I’m hoping to get my editing done then, and I should have plenty of time for your novel. I’m currently beta reading another novel, which i’m already past the deadline for, so I don’t think I will have enough…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Alpha Readers Wanted!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 11 months ago
@aislinn-mollinsong, yeah, it kind of just disappeared, didn’t it? Sorry about that!
@catwing thanks 😀
@that_writer_girl_99 I’d still love for you to read it! I was just saying that I won’t be sending it out until December/January, because I needed to fix more things than I thought I did. -
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Good night.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Yeah. also wrappers, pocket knives, ruined gum, and a bouncy ball. (List is not final!)
@that_writer_girl_99 Did I mention that the prison is underwater? And the escapers can’t breathe water? 😛 *laughs* How am I getting them out?! I don’t know! *laughs even more* -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Goodness, that sounds interesting. 😉 @catwing
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Ohhh… @that_writer_girl_99 Though mine is more never grow up story. 😛 They must escape an from a prison with a magnifying glass and a bag of paper clips. Oh, yeah. And blankets and a bag. Have fun my characters!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Yes! It’s the one you and I were talking about, with our kingdom names. Mine takes place in the land of Allora. @catwing
It’s a coming of age story, about a young princess who has to find her place in the kingdom’s two realms.
- Load More
