@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily @dragon-snapper Welcome! I am just listening to Pandora. Move – Mercy Me. That’s currently playing… But I will probably move to movie scores so I can stop singing and outline. *trys to stare at self* *twirls in circles*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Story Theme Songs in the forum Music 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic SO…I need some advice in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@dekreel same. I know it’s a classic but I’ve never read it. 🙁
But as far as unique and compelling stories go… when you think about it, all stories are pretty much a mash-up of the same storylines being used over and over again. What makes them their own is what the author uses them to say. When a new voice picks up an old story, new depths…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic Character/Story Theme Songs in the forum Music 8 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper exactly. More accurate term… “It’s so good you want to live forever and have it always.” 😛 Perhaps those people meant “if it’s in heaven, take me now.” *shrug*
-
Catwing replied to the topic Character/Story Theme Songs in the forum Music 8 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd congratulations!!! You have helped me find a name for a crazy group of people who destroy things in my book!!!
Some of my characters from my WIP Starting Fires…
Rebekah ~ Upgraded by Capital Kings
Cele ~ Brave By Moriah Peters (feat. Andy Mineo)
The Kingdom [Yes. This is the crazy group that destroys a lot of things… Ahem.] ~…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily Enya! (Watch, I’m not going to die this time) *lives* Isn’t it awesome! 😀
Well, I was listening to some videogame music, but it was scratchy, so I turned to my battle playlist.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Story Theme Songs in the forum Music 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily … Um… *shrugs* Maybe it comes from the term, “It’s to die for…” ? Which never made sense to me because if you died for it then you can’t have it. Okay, so I didn’t die. I pretended to die. I’m still alive!

-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Catwing replied to the topic SO…I need some advice in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@dekreel I have never read the Catcher in the Rye… So I can’t help you really… I don’t think… But I can tag some people…
@daeus @kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper @daughteroftheking @jane-maree
@seekjustice @jess-penrose @emily @jessi-Rae
Can any of you help dekreel? -
Louise Fowler replied to the topic The Golden Ziggurat in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@daeus I clicked the link and all that, will the doc be in my email or something? 🙂
@salome01w4g Be that as it may, you have to get through the creepy stuff to get to the good ending. 😉 I’m sure I’ll go back to it sometime. 😀
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper @daughteroftheking @aislinn-mollisong @seekjustice @jess-penrose
I am Brain Storm Outlining! -
Catwing replied to the topic World building advice? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 They have some good advice… What are you having trouble with?
-
Jane Maree and
Joy are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic Character/Story Theme Songs in the forum Music 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily I have never heard of Tree of Life, but that title makes me wanna listen to it! Sounds awesome
-
Joy replied to the topic Greetings in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
Hello, @aratrea!! Better late than never! I do feel welcome! Please tell your brother that he’s nuts, but also pretty cool. And I said hi. 😉
Hi, @emma-flournoy! Well, fall has FINALLLLYYYY arrived in Texas! It’s so cool, and wonderful! And sunny! I like to call it, “Roll-Down-The-Car-Window-And-Pant-Like-A-Dog season.” XD Of course, it’ll…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Is This Any Good? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
It kinda disconnects me in a way. Even in third person narratives, you can reach this point where you feel like stuff in the story is happening right now. But dairy entries interrupt that for me. They serve as a constant reminder that the action I am reading about has happened already which is a bit distancing. Maybe it’s just me.
Nope. I’m w…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Is This Any Good? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
*stares pensively at screen* I meant: “Even in PAST TENSE narratives…”
*mutters incoherently* Third person narratives…what in the world, Gracie… -
Gracie replied to the topic Is This Any Good? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus I likey. *double thumbs up*
As far as the diary debate-thingy…If it will just be a short story or a novella, I say keep the diary format. But as a reader, I would feel a little weird reading something in that format for a full-length novel. It kinda disconnects me in a way. Even in third person narratives, you can reach this point where…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Is This Any Good? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus Keep writing it, and if it still feels worthless, stop. 😛 As of right now though, it is pretty cool. His POV is intriguing. I think mostly only writers would understand—at least really GET—a story like this though, not regular readers…
-
Gracie replied to the topic Greetings in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@Dekreel I’ve only seen seasons 2, 3, and half of season 4 of the reboot, so I’ve only ever known Ten. XD I’ll let you know which is my favorite though once I meet some more. 😛 This also means I haven’t seen any of the older seasons. Where do you watch them typically? To be honest, I wasn’t sure if it was even possible to watch the older ones.…[Read more]
- Load More

