@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@ethryndal tests are a big one. Also magical items, cruel stepmothers/wicked enchantresses. Also grusome endings. People being turned into animals. The kings third son being better than the rest. Plot points that make no sense and great coincidences. Those are some of the things I think of.
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@Ethryndal I guess I automatically assume that the guy will get the girl (or the girl will get the guy, whatever) so it would be a sort of unique twist to make it that they didn’t end up together in the end.
Personally I love it when fairy tale retellings are done in completely different genres. Like a steampunk beauty and the beast or a sci fi…[Read more]
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@ck4always I can try to help with some small things. Next month will be really busy for me (I’m crazy enough to try NaNoWriMo for the first time!), but I’d love to help where I can! 🙂
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Cover Feedback in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus it’s pretty cool! You could make the shadows a little heavier which would be a very subtle ominous layer, or add a little shading to the white around the whole picture. Not sure though.
-
Ingrid and
Aislinn Mollisong are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago -
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@salome01w4g You are most certainly forgiven and I will miss you! Praying for your possible move… 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Hey! I’m writing now if anyone wants to join me.
@salome01w4g @emily @daughteroftheking @aislinn-mollisong @that_writer_girl_99 @jessi-rae @anyone -
Ingrid replied to the topic Inspiration Board in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong Ooooooo! I love those!
(Btw, to post images, if you find them on the internet like I do, copy the image location. Then, paste the image location in the IMG box. it should work that way. 🙂 ) -
Joy replied to the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@ethryndal The things that came to my mind were…
Sparkles. Lots of sparkles.
Singing. Everybody singing.
A princess with a beautiful crown in a large, elegant castle.
Fairies taking care of the crops, the plants and the animals.
Color, optimism and joy all around.Basically every little girl’s dreams come true
-
Kina Lamb and
CK4always are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago -
Ingrid replied to the topic Inktober in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@christi-eaton *jaw drops to the floor* Oh. My. Word. Those musical ones!!! IloveLesMiserablesandHamiltonandWickedsomuchI’mfreakingoutrightnowifyoucan’ttell…
Nice work! 🙂 😉 😉
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@ethryndal You have a great question. I’ve been wondering the same things lately. What I personally expect in a fairytale are knights and castles, princes and princesses, magical objects, enchanted places or things, and fantastical creatures. Probably someone in distress, and cruel stepfamily. Also objects or events occurring in threes, sevens,…[Read more]
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
*pokes head in* Was I aware of the 10th Writers Corner being created? *tries to remember* Huh. Oh well, I’ll be using it when I write Wednesday.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Cover Feedback in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus wow. You’re right. That price is insane. 😛
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Cover Feedback in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 11 months ago
I dunno, @daeus, but I think it looks fine as-is. The cover is really neat–and I mean that both literally and figuratively.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Cover Feedback in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 11 months ago
@daeus More texture in the background would probably enhance it…otherwise, it looks great! 😉 *many thumbs up*
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@Ethryndal ………what she said…
Really though, @mariposa covered pretty much everything that comes to mind for me—castles, damsels in distress, princes…the usual. 🙂 Out of curiosity, why do you ask? Are you writing a fairytale?? -
Ingrid replied to the topic Inspiration Board in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago

-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 11 months ago
*smirks* I told you guys you could ignore this.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Cover Feedback in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus oooh! I really, really like it. You’re right— the clean, clear format is very smart and refreshing. A little texture in the background might improve on it, but just a little, and I might change my mind if I saw it.
A subtly ominous feature could work… but it would have to be very subtle to not overbalance the nice clean look. *wrinkles…[Read more] - Load More
