@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Catwing replied to the topic On the issue of powerful swords. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@dekreel I meant powers for the swords I listed, but I like the green sword… *lightbulb*
Okay there are seven swords!
RO[Dragon Sword]Y G[Green Sword] BIV! Rainbow!
Red, Yellow, Blue, Indigo, Violet are left. I need more power ideas now. *grins* It’s perfect. Seven. The rainbow has seven colors! Yes!!! Thank you dekreel! -
Jane Maree replied to the topic Thirteen Plus Five in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 11 months ago
@Dekreel nice! You’ve done a great job with this. *thumbs up*
And congrats on your guess, I am indeed a mild whovian. xD -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Lady Iliara greets thee! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@lady-iliara Its very good, really long and sometimes boring, but very good. 😀 I definitely recommend it!
-
Catwing replied to the topic On the issue of powerful swords. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@seekjustice Have you ever seen an angry frog? *shivers*
Probably powers can only be willed by certain people.
The Dragon Sword could have fire powers… *ponders*
I don’t think my world even has orcs. *wonders if it should*
Thanks! -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@Emily No actually, this one is for Black and White, the novel which you’re going to beta read one day. I love lighthouses too. 😀
@catwing the first quote says “As my story came to a close, I realised that I had been the villain all along. I was really annoyed that it didn’t properly fit in the format I chose. 😀 -
Joy replied to the topic On the issue of powerful swords. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing
Green Sword (You can probably think up a more creative name 🙂 )
— Boomerang (can throw it and it will circle back)
— Poison spell
— Fog (for cover)That’s the best I can think of… other than maybe a sword that can also heal.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing ah, I wasn’t sure what you meant by “Designing Dusk”. Cool, 😀
I thought that might be the case. Timezones always have me boggled. 😀 -
SeekJustice replied to the topic On the issue of powerful swords. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing you still have me at “can make frogs happy”. I literally have no idea what use that will be, but anyway.
Well, I have a magic sword that can’t be used by anyone but one of dragon blood. it electrocutes everyone else, so that’s pretty handy. Lots of books have swords that wield themselves. Um….
there are elemental swords too, that have…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
I drew a rough sketch of Dusk… I am attempting to outline a chapter, but pondering. So I was going to draw the character. @seekjustice
I am doing NaNo. But being American it will start tomorrow. -
Catwing replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@daughteroftheking That would be awkward. *laughs* romance wither? Is that a new genre? *laughs*
-
Catwing started the topic On the issue of powerful swords. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
So for this book I’m working on there are some powerful swords. For now the Dragon Sword and the Da’Hathian Sword.
But for their powers…
Dragon Sword. (Orange)
Orange ball (I can’t detail for you guys cause it may spoil things)
Blast of orange light.Da’Hathian Sword (Blue)
Glows blue.
Can make frogs happy.
Ice.Basically I have two swords…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Catwing replied to the topic Lady Iliara greets thee! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly You’re welcome. Okay…
-
Catwing replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@CK4always *laughs* Yep.
@daughteroftheking *laughs again* Yep, especially since I don’t really write romance. I have no idea if there even will be a ship. 😛 -
Catwing replied to the topic Lady Iliara greets thee! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly In this forum she is @aislinn-mollisong . – not _ . Helpful?
Also hi and I have no idea what the sentence means… *clueless for once* -
Joy started the topic Thirteen Plus Five in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 11 months ago
My Doctor Who novella sample. What do you think?
@daeus, @graciegirl, @that_writer_girl_99, @lady-iliara, @dragon-snapper, @catwing, @jane-maree, @kate-flournoy, @salome01w4g, @Any more Whovians out there?
“We’ve changed course.”
“What do you mean we’ve changed course?”
“I mean we’ve changed course, Alfred.”
Alfred Davison puffed frustrated…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily exactly. *cheshire cat grin* Bye then.
@seekjustice Malakai. Or Malachi. The name can be influenced by the culture. -
Catwing replied to the topic SoOoO.. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily *grins* That proves you know not what is in my sleeves. *eats bugs as they fall to the bug zapper* You see I caught bugs in my sleeves. Released them and now I can eat. *grins*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing, a small child (a boy) in a futuristic/dystopian world.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@Emily *smiles*
@seekjustice Depends on the person. - Load More
