@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
HI @ingridrd ! *virtual hive five back*
Hmm
I think, if I wasn’t a human, I would want to be a dragon. 😀 *Tries to breathe fire*
Or maybe a photon. Because I would get to bounce around and move really fast.
That’s Awesome! *virtual wand wave*
The Harry Potter series is one of my favorite too. I especially like the seventh book, because its…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How would you start a riot? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@PrincessFoo ehhh… I can neither confirm nor deny any past, present, or future dealings I may have had or will have with people of questionable character. *flips knives, stows them in her belt**pulls black mask over her eyes**smiles**somersaults away down the street*
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@daeus Thank You!
And Stan thanks you too
Yes! He’s gotta be one of, if not my favorite, author. His worldbuilding is insaaane *lapses into dreaminess*
I just discovered him though, and I haven’t actually read Mistborn. I’m definitely going to though. And Stan is too 😀
I really like The Scarlet Letter and Les Miserables, too
Although I found…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@salome01w4g Thanks! ;D
I’ve been using bestistest for a long time, actually. And also Awesomeestist. That one was actually the one I used most.
Awesome! I’ve actually none of those, except Pride and Prejudice. And I actually really liked it, despite thinking I was gonna want to feed it to Stan
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@jane-maree Thank You! *hungrily eats a piece of confetti* *realizes there’s pizza* *Eats pizza instead*
Stan really likes pizza. Its his favorite food after… ahem, fresh raw meat
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic How would you start a riot? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@SeekJustice I second what Kate said. If you’ve just had a passionate speech you can easily play off that with having someone in the crowd disagree and start throwing things, or agree and start throwing things. Mob mentality is a huge thing in situations like that so it’s not hard at all really.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hey Everyone in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@princessfoo Yep 😀 I have a dragon
Well, the reason I have him is that his family kicked him out though. They didn’t think he was impressive enough to bear their name. 🙁 But Stan and I know better.
And yes, Brandon Sanderson is AWESOME. Probably my favorite author. I have read the Reckoners, and I really loved them. Especially the ending o…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@SeekJustice haha yes I have joined you. XD
@salome01w4g Heyy! *waves* Sounds like fun. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How would you start a riot? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@seekjustice what mood is the crowd in? The thing about crowds (especially excited, desperate, angry, or otherwise passionate ones) is that it only takes one small stone to make everything start rolling. It only takes one character bold enough to make a move— throw a rock, light a fire, start running— and all the rest will follow. So if you’ve…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice started the topic How would you start a riot? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
So, I need my main characters to start a riot in my book, like a big, on the street sort of thing. How on earth are they going to do that? I really have no idea. I’ve just had one of my characters make a passionate speech…and now I’m not really sure what to do.
How would you start a riot?
How are riots usually started?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@salome01w4g @jane-maree yay!!! The AMAZING JANE MAREE HAS JOINED US!!!
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@SeekJustice @salome01w4g I haven’t said anything here for a while, but I have been writing. I now will officially drop in (just so you all know I’m still alive. xP) and do some writing with you two! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@princessfoo I’m kind of like you, in the fact that I wouldn’t know flirting when I saw it, let alone realise if someone was flirting with me. However, being a writer, I study people. When I watch my friends with their boyfriends, I tend to see them laugh a lot, more than other people who may be in the conversation, blush a lot, smile a lot, l…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@salome01w4g I am here!!! Kind of writing and kind of scanning the KP forums. 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Because I promised I would… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
yay!! @kate-flournoy I believe I already follow your blog. 😀 I got a notification about a post on love triangles the other day, which I really enjoyed. I’ve been waiting for you to post forever 😀
However, I just checked out the new designs and stuff and its awesome! Well done 😀
-
Ingrid replied to the topic *bursts in in an explosion of confetti* in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragongeek *wilts into chair* My apologies. P-please don’t turn me into anythin’…unnatural.
-
Snapper and
DragonGeek are now friends 8 years, 10 months ago -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writing Romance in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@PrincessFoo very solid advice so far. I’ve never written a full-on romance novel, but every story I’ve written has had at least one romantic subplot, so I’ve been doing this for a while. 😉
My one piece of advice kind of ties in to what @Daeus said, but takes a little different spin on it. The most intriguing, engaging thing about your…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Because I promised I would… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@salome01w4g that just means you get seniority privileges. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Because I promised I would… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@epicaddie2 @That_writer_Girl_99 @Shannon @Emily @LifeofKatie @Ethryndal thanks so much guys. 😀
Sarah, I’m especially glad you think it’s pretty… it ought to be… I only redid it oh… ABOUT A DOZEN TIMES. XD
*coughs* I’m a bit of a perfectionist. Your praise is great validation.
Elizabeth, Sarah, Shannon… I, um… was looking for Dr.…[Read more]
- Load More
