@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Snapper replied to the topic Title opinions? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Oh dear. Titles.
Um….
Here are some brainstorms:
‘Accused’
‘Trial’
‘Justifiable’
‘Warlaw…’ (insert Loki facepalm here)
What kind of title are you going for?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Title opinions? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
I’m not really sure what you want me to say here, so…
Honestly, I think in a long series, like yours seems to be, simple, one-word titles are best. That way, they can be remembered more easily. I think Victorious is a good name, but some of the ones @dekreel mentioned would work. It’s your choice, but I think going with a one-word title would be best.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd Avengers! First person is Captain America, and the second is Iron Man. 😀
Here’s a quote: “Pain, love it.”
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
I’ve got one.
“We need a plan of attack!”
“I have a plan: attack!”
-
Joy replied to the topic Title opinions? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy I love your synopsis! It reminds me of Chaucer’s Knight’s Tale!
Hmm… titles…. how about Justice? (with the question mark). Maybe…
Balance. Outlaw. Innocence. I’m basically just throwing out keywords now…Â I like Outlaw I guess. I’m seeing that word quite a bit in you synopsis, so I guess it’s some kind of ongoing…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Title opinions? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hey, KeePers. I know I keep popping on and off very randomly, and I do hope sometime to be able to get back to a more regular presence, but for now this’ll have to do. 😛
I have a question for you guys. See, I have this book. I wrote it when I was fourteen and it’s due for a serious rewrite. That part is all under control.
But I’m having a bit…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daughteroftheking It’s not Back to the Future; good guess. It’s from a TV show actually (but it’s NOT Doctor Who)
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@epicaddie2 Alright, making a note. Is Araluen big at all? Is it mostly forests, or does it have other climates? What about towns?
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 10 months ago
I’d rather be writing.
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@epicaddie2 No, absolutely! I haven’t read the Ranger’s Apprentice series, and I want to get things right. So, go ahead and go into detail if you can! Pretend I’m attempting to pen the 13th (I think) book. XD
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@epicaddie2Â Thanks!
Um…Â I have no idea when I’m going to start. So far I have a general idea of what’s going on, but absolutely no plot. *Sighs…*
So, are there any landmarks or anything that I need to add on my Araluen map? Anything I missed?
-
Joy replied to the topic This Synopsis Thing Needs Critiquing in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal I’m late… 😛 *gawks* This is so cool! I don’t care how long it is — It’s just so cool. I can’t wait to read the story!!
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper @sam-kowal Snapper & Stan: The terrible two… 😀
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly Oh, thanks! That’s very helpful.
@lady-iliara @0-0enyali0-0 I’m excited, too! Well, I reckon you’re going to have to wait, unfortunately…
@princessfoo Nice glitter! What a party! *sneezes*
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Thanks!
-
Joy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hey, @overcomer! I am a complete stranger who stumbled upon the lounge… I’m guessing this is a lot like the Writer’s Corner? 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daughteroftheking @catwing @dragon-snapper @others-who-i-think-are-working-on-nanowrimo
Last day! How are you guys doing? (I’m not doing NaNoWriMo, but I am feeling concerned for you guys 🙂 )
@nicolerivers03 Welcome to the Bestest Place in Cyberspace!! If you want to introduce yourself less subtly, you can go to the “Start HERE forum.” 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths @daughteroftheking @shannon @dragon-snapper Did anyone see mine? Just checking…
“75 percent chance of science!”
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Jaclyn Fallows’ world has a history of turning upside down.
Like when she was suddenly able to create a small blue flame in the palm of her hand on her eighth birthday. Or when she started having the same dream about the sister who vanished without a trace two years ago.
But now, at fifteen, Jaclyn is in for the biggest change of her life. A m…[Read more]
- Load More
