@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Title opinions? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Dekreel @That_Writer_Girl_99 @Dragon-snapper @Ethryndal @Daeus @Audrey-caylin @Jane-maree @Shannon @Sam-Kowal wow, thanks so much guys, all of you. Just getting the general feedback and feeling out opinion about the existing title helped me get so much more perspective.
@Jane-Maree, believe it or not, I had actually already considered Destroyer,…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
I got a prayer request: My Spanish teacher’s mom just passed away. Pray for peace for her and her family. She is one of my favorite teachers 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Oooooo….ahhhhhh. 😉
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Help! I don't understand my characters! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon I don’t know about you, but when I first think of a character, I think of a face/name…and something about them that is weird. That really helps to get the creative juices flowing a little bit.
When you are actually writing characters, don’t. Make. Them. Perfect. Make them real. Make them relatable. Give them a problem and/or…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Title opinions? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
<p>@kate-flournoy</p><p>:D that sounds pretty epic</p><p>Soo.. this is what I’ve got</p><p>Nothing amazing but, as you said maybe we can get some creative juices flowing</p><p>Triumphant </p><p>Razed (referencing the shattering balance)</p><p>Judgement (referencing the justice theme)</p><p>Cataclysmic (although maybe its not the end of the w…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Help! I don't understand my characters! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon I don’t have time to answer this properly right now, as I’m on my way out the door, but I would suggest to you finding an online character chart to fill out ( @daeus @aratrea does KP have any character charts or things that might help Shannon?) Start there and I’ll try to give you more indepth advice when I get back. 😊
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Random quote:
“So. How’s life with the humans?”
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Title opinions? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy ‘Victorious’ seems a little too soon. Like “oh yes here’s the book, but don’t worry they’re victorious in the end.” That could just be me though. When I started reading the blurb you have there, it made me think “Destroyer” which has a stronger sound and also shows the struggle of the story a little too?
That’s just my thoughts anyways.
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Title opinions? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy I’m dying to read your book now because THE THEME.
Anyway.
I like “Victorious,” but also all the dozens of ideas suggested above are cool. My only contribution is “Vanquished.” I guess it depends on what sort of image you want to bring to mind with the title. Maybe imagining it on a book cover will help?
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper Ahh! Awesome! Isn’t is funny how we can get inspiration from the smallest things, like sewing machines? 😀
@daeus @kate-flournoy @ingridrd @sam-kowal @emma-flournoy @winter-rose @lady-iliara @0-0enyali0-0 @princessfoo Just to tease you guys a little bit, I’m going to give you the first few lines of the prologu…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Well…yes. There is a reason. The reason was that at the time I was bored, couldn’t find a name for the castle. So I glanced around the room–this was during homeschool break–saw a Singer sowing maching, and thus it was the name of the castle was born. 😉
Ooh yay! I’m curious to see how you portray me.
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper @ingridrd Yes, you are both in the story!
“Singer?” Interesting! Why is it called that? Is there a reason?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel That’s great news! Congratulations! *shakes your hand vigorously*
(And I must echo @dragon-snapper‘s question because I am just as curious…don’t feel obligated to put me into the story but…maybe?)
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Heya! I was thinking about making another Legend of King Daeus, but I know you’re writer your KPA, and I’d hate to insert myself, you know, steal the thunder. Would you like to finish the KPA before I got going on the Legend of King Daeus 3?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper You got mine. That one was kinda easy. 😉
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Yay! I can’t wait! 😀 (Question: Am I in the story? No pressure, but I do have a tinge of writerly curiosity.)
(It’s written ‘Regnis’. It’s something spelled backwards. I’ll let you figure it out, if you wish.) 😉
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Okay, I was going to reply to you, but first I forgot and then I was busy, but enough excuses.
Mythbusters!!! Man I knew that sounded familiar.
@supermonkey42 Megamind, when Metroman and Megamind are arguing about the Heat of Revenge and the full, concentration power of the sun!
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@epicaddie2 @lady-iliara @0-0enyali0-0 @sam-kowal @princessfoo @dragon-snapper @ingridrd @everyone-else
I know a lot of you have been holding your breath for the KPA for awhile, so I’m just going to poke a small hole to let a little bit of the air out… Okay, that was a weird analogy… XD
Good news: I HAVE OFFICIALLY STARTED WRITIN…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper @perfectfifths
Okay, as nobody has been guessing mine, I’ll just tell you: it’s from the Mythbusters
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42 Yes! What’s your quote? (You won, so you quote next)
- Load More

Hmm… *shrug* Go ahead and write it! I have the feeling the KPA will take some time; as far as I can tell, it’s so long it needs chapters… Or at least that’s the plan. I have a hole in my plot (AGAIN! grrrrrrr). Can I please be in the next LOKD?? *big fanged smile*
Haha! I’ll do my best to include you. I’ll try to include everyone, but I have a hard time including a lot of characters in one story. That’s one way that your’s will be awesome. It can have a lot of people. 😀
Welp, I’ll go ahead and write, see what happens.