@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lack of Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper congratulations on branching out. 😉
They’ve covered a lot… the only thing new I have to add is pretty small. You mentioned that you’re tired of writing snarky characters and want to try something different, but had no idea how to go about it…
Why do you like snarky characters in the first place? Is it because they come easy…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Story Order in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hello, @kina-lamb! I don’t know if this is much help, but this is something that I like to do sometimes:
One thing that you could do is organize the overall plot like this:
- Exposition
- Conflict
- Rise of conflict 1
- Rise of conflict 2
- Rise of conflict 3Â Â Â etc…
- Climax
- Denoument
I don’t know if that would help with the kind of st…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Story Order in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Kina-Lamb well, that’s pretty sound as far as I can see. 🙂 The only step I might add between the two is figuring out the theme, but I’ve not done non-fiction before, so I can’t say for certain how majorly that would figure in.
In your place, I would just ask myself, What lesson does this story teach me? To have courage? To persevere? To be kind…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@overcomer I understand… It’s just that we goof off and chat on the Writer’s Corner, too! XD
-
Kina Lamb started the topic Story Order in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hi y’all!
I’ve got a question for you:
In what order do you write your stories?
Figure out the plot then start writing it? Or is there another step?
As some of you may know, my WIP is a children’s book about my great-grandpa’s story in the Armenian genocide. Grandpa was just here so we sat down, pulled out the manuscripts great-grandpa left…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Lack of Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
Hmm
This is hard because I never run out of ideas of things to write
Right now, I have four extra projects I’m planning that I’ve thought of ever since I’ve started the one I’m working on now… usually my problem is not finishing most of what I start and when I do it doesn’t come out masterfully… anyway
Try going to the…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Lack of Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
Also, what’s that gif from? XD
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Lack of Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper Good question. *thinks*
My problem is I actually have started a new story in a while. Like for NaNoWriMo, I just took an old idea from way-back-when and rewrote it.
The best advice I can give is always be looking for inspiration, in what you watch, read, listen to, say, do, etc. It can come from anywhere, even your dreams (trust me).
-
Snapper started the topic Lack of Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
Hey Kapeefers!
I’m stuck.
Not that Chosen One’s get stuck or anything… 😉
Anyway, recently I’ve decided to major things. One is that I’m taking a break from one story until I’m way older cause then it will be way better than it would be if I wrote it now (there are more reason for that, but it is what it is.) Two, is that I’m annoyed with…[Read more]
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hey, @dekreel . 🙂 Nice to meet you. Actually, this thread is almost the complete opposite of Writer’s Corner. Whereas the Writer’s Corner is a place to find other writers to write with and share each other’s progress, The Lounge is mainly a place for writers to chat (or complain) about writing or whatever else they want, and basically just…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@anyone-left I’m stopping for the night.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel A pretty similar concept, actually. They take urban legends and put them to the test. For example, the great escape one I mentioned, a family made a hot air balloon to get from on side of the Berlin Wall to the other, all in secret, so they tested out how their design worked and stuff like that.
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Nice to meet you too! Best of luck writing the story!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Thanks, @audrey-caylin!
@anyone-else-still-here I’m signing off; I’ll still be around the Kingdom, but I’m taking a break from writing.
Nice to meet you, Audrey!
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel that would be totally alright!
I LOVE the idea for the Keeper Adventure! (that concept drawing is great) I bet the story is going to be awesome 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daughteroftheking I knew you’d like the Wingfeather Saga reference!! I’m dropping in other references to other books, too. 🙂
By the way, what does N.C. stand for?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@audrey-caylin Yeah, It’s exactly like that! Alright, I already have a lot of characters, so I think you’ll be a minor, if that okay. 🙂 Here’s a link:
-
Joy and
Audrey Caylin are now friends 8 years, 10 months ago -
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel I think I’ve seen a thread for that somewhere. Is that something like what Dragon Snapper did what the Legend of King Daeus? (I haven’t been on the forum in a terribly long time so I’m really behind on everything 😛 )
I’d love to make an appearance of it fits the story 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@audrey-caylin *inspiration gears turning* Man, you would’ve fitted in perfectly in my KPA (KeePer Adventure)! Maybe I could give you a cameo apparence…
- Load More
