@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Snapper replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@xonos-darkgrate I’m going to stick with my opinions from the previous discussion that @daeus mentioned. I don’t think that you should have them.
1. Not only do they infiltrate other people, but it’ll also get stuck in your head. I find that the more I hear them, the more I think them. And even if they aren’t “that bad” they still make me…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Synopsisises in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42 It’s not too long. It looks interesting!
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose I am so thrilled for you!!! And overjoyed that you’ll be writing more. And proud of you for taking this scary step. And I can’t wait to see where God takes you. And I’ll be praying for you. 🙂
Much excitement for you!!!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
*stares at topic* I swear this thing is rearranging itself as we speak. My reply is now below your post. I have no idea what’s going on. XD
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Winter-rose something odd happened and your post wasn’t here when I got the notification, so my reply is above your post and I accidentally tagged Hannah… 😛 *winces* sorry…
Anyway… THAT’S SO AWESOME!! *tackle hugs* Definitely be praying.
-
Ingrid posted an update 8 years, 10 months ago
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.
~Les Brown -
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose Praying that God will continue to guide you…! 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Xonos-darkgrate ooh, yeah. That’s tougher. I think it could still be done though… ‘I swore silently,’ or ‘Easily half a dozen rather ungentlemanly words jumped to my lips and I just barely bit them back’. It depends a lot on his voice, of course, but I believe it’s possible.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@salome01w4g THAT’S SO AWESOME!! *tackle hugs* Definitely be praying. 😀 😀 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Xonos-darkgrate ah, classic question. 😀
I’m definitely not a fan of sanitizing everything to the point of complete squeaky-cleanness, because it’s dishonest.
That said, I think swearing is unnecessary to say the least. It’s different than other ‘content’ for one. Say, for instance, one of your characters is a harlot. Pretty dark, right? But…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with Every Christmas Card I Write in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
@mariposa That’s fantastic! *stares in awe*
-
Mariposa Aristeo posted an update 8 years, 10 months ago
Hi, @rolena-hatfield! I rewrote a Christmas song, kapeefer style. I was going to post it on the forum and I was wondering if it would be okay if I tagged more than ten people for it? I wouldn’t use that really long list that has most of the forum members; it’d only be twenty or thirty people at most (only those who I thought would be interested). 🙂
-
Hey @mariposa! How fun! Can’t wait to read it 🙂 Yes that’s fine by me. Just make sure to mention you received official permission in your post :p
-
@rolena-hatfield Great! Thanks! 🙂 I’ll probably post in a week or so (once I finish fine-tuning it).
I’m including all the staff in the song, and I was wondering if you guys had any funny nicknames or anything I could include? 😉
-
@mariposa
Hmm… funny nicknames… I don’t think everyone has one 🙂 but we call Josiah the king and Michael the evil overlord. :p
Once we dubbed each other with super powers that kinda entailed our staff duties, but I our staff has changed since then, so I don’t think many have those any more 🙁
Sorry I can’t be of much more help. Looking…[Read more]
-
-
-
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with Every Christmas Card I Write in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
Anyone seen The Rifleman? 😀

The back of my card:

-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with Every Christmas Card I Write in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel I remember that poem when you posted it on the forum a few weeks ago. You are welcome to post it again here if you wish. 🙂
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly I love making snowflakes! I make some every year and string them to my ceiling fan to make it look like falling snow.
-
Mariposa Aristeo changed their profile picture 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Ingrid replied to the topic FEEDBACK HELP NEEDED! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@inkling-for-christ First off, great job! And congratulations on being brave enough to want feedback. Now for my suggestions…*rubs hands together*
Okay, this may come as a shock to you, but my first thought was “delete the entire first chapter”. It seems sort of unnecessary and a lot of it just dumps info instead of showing. (Sorry, tryi…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@salome01w4g YESSS!!!! Praise the Lord!
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
*pokes head in* Hail the late-owl Aussie resurfacing after many days of silence to do some writing while everyone else is quite probably asleep. xP
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@jess-penrose I am here if you’re still writing ☺
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@salome01w4g whoo hoo!! That’s amazing news. I’m so glad that you’ve finally found a place! God is good.
- Load More
