@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel I’m here catching up on blog comments and hoping to find motivation to continue my epicly long NaNo novel.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper @emily @winter-rose @audrey-caylin @seekjustice @waterlily @sam-kowal @perfectfifths
Anyone want to accompany a poor little wolf-woman who’s revising a complicated school essay? 😛
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Catwing replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths XP indeed.
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Childhood Book in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42 @sam-kowal What were your favorite Tree House books? I likes that magical saga about… Oh, it was a wand, and they were trying to find happiness for a magician (I forgot his name!) who lived in Camelot. And there were certain rules one had to follow in order for the wand to work.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Yes!
“Get a grip! Or so help me I will ground you for a month!”
…
“Good. Those look like land based missiles, so there must be land that way.”
“You mean we have to go toward the guys who tryed to kill us?”
“If it means land, then yes.”
There. The scene is complete…
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@catwing “We survived but we’re dead!!” XD
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Favorite Childhood Book in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel I was a reading monster when I was kid.
Ironically I didn’t really read that many kids books, I started with Harry Potter when I was 8, along with the Hobbit and then Eragon
When I was younger than that, I loved the Magic Treehouse. I mean LOVED them. Also, I read the Boxcar Children a little bit.
And also Narnia! How could I forget…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel some of those are writing weaknesses… Now you know more about my character. 🙂
Writer’s block… I don’t feel like writing. I don’t know how to get my characters out of a mess. I want to do something else. Rewriting something a few times. I need to work on Showing not Telling. -
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Another Question in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper You’ve already got loads of good tips so I probably can’t say much more, but all I can would say is, Yes 😀 😀
Totally have two villains, if you like
It can help make things a lot more interesting, although it can be harder to write both at once
If I were you, I really wouldn’t make one half one villain and then switch to…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@catwing  The Incredibles!!!!!!!! *dances around at Pixar reference*
-
Catwing replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths @daughteroftheking @dragon-snapper @ingridrd @dekreel @people-of-KP Here’s one!
“We’re dead!”
“It blew up!”
“We’re dead!”
“Did you see that? It blew up!”
“We’re dead!”
Now guess!
-
Joy started the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42 @alia @dragon-snapper @anyone-else — BEWARE
I don’t know how geeky you guys are, or how much you can stand it, but I wrote a nerdy version of “12 Days of Christmas” called “12 Days of Geek Christmas.” Anything I should add? Take off? Tweak?
On the 12th day of Christmas my Geek Friends gave to me…
1. Full-size model of Ma…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@catwing Wow… Nice list! I actually meant writing weaknesses — considering writer’s block. *gives nervous smile* But thank you!!
-
Catwing replied to the topic *bursts in in an explosion of confetti* in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragongeek Hello. You play School of Dragons? Well now me and my brother do. So he wanted me to see if we three shall have a clan. 🙂
-
Catwing replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@xonos-darkgrate I agreed with @kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper @daeus
I was going to say what Kate said. -
Catwing replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel
*sees list* … I didn’t think it was that long… I did put some good things…
…
Oh! And I can’t faint. I tried. My brain always tricks me into not fainting. Yeah. I held my breath cause I wanted to faint. But my brain didn’t listen. *shrug* -
Catwing replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel I have returned!!! My weaknesses? Here’s a few… Things.
Knows when not to speak, but not always when to speak.Doesn’t always plan ahead or outline. Scratch that. Hardly plans or outlines.
A lot of things she ‘plans’ are random on the spot.
She puts her characters in an underwater prison and decides they must escape with paper clips,…[Read more]
-
Joy and
EpicAddie2 are now friends 8 years, 10 months ago -
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Another Question in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
Lots of works have more than one villain. For the BBC series of Robin Hood, they had the Sheriff of Notingham, and Guy of Gisborne. Guy mostly worked for the Sheriff, but he also had his own personal axe to grind with Robin Hood, which didn’t just make him the main villain’s lackey.
Lord of the Rings has both Sauron and Sauraman Again, Sauraman…[Read more]
- Load More
