@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic In the beginning…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
I wouldn’t start off with the action right away, although you do need to start off with something interesting, and that’s because of two things. Firstly) The hardship of the protagonist being separated from her normal life and what’s dear to her (which is great, by the way) isn’t, as you said, going to be as impactful unless the…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
I didn’t mind that section, but I definitely know some people who would be bothered. As long as you have a connection, cause yeah, like Kate said, it kinda did feel drop you random in the middle of gore and evil for no reason, out of context like that.
About the swear words things. Obviously, top swear words are out. Then you get into the picky…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Xonos-darkgrate what @Daeus and the rest already said, basically, on the general subject.
I did, however, find your excerpt slightly disturbing, which is odd, because I’m not usually disturbed by that kind of stuff. It may have been because it lacked subtlety and I kind of just felt like I had my face shoved in a pool of blood for no reason and…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Synopsisises in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd I missed this 😛 Nice! I like how you showed the different backgrounds 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Naming Help!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister Well, we know for sure that the green one’s name is Rafael 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@epicaddie2 Continuing to pray! <3
-
Joy replied to the topic Christmas Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia This is cute! I like the story! I think you could tweak some of the lines, so they don’t sound too short and choppy, but other than that, it’s awesome 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 10 months ago
@cindygreen Good idea! Why didn’t I think of that?!
@supermonkey42 @princessfoo Thank you!! 😉
@ingridrd *licks chops* Ooh! Is it that good that it deserves cake?? 😀
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Character Naming Help!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister My pick would be Iridian, Raphael, and Lachlan
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@xonos-darkgrate And my opinion on your excerpt is… no, I don’t think it’s too dark. Although opinions may differ
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@xonos-darkgrate I agree with @kate-flournoy
I really dislike things that are blandly clean, and I stories that tackle dark questions and themes, but I don’t think as Christians, we should rely on swear words to drive a story forward. They can easily be implied, and we don’t need to write them directly into the story. That said, I don’t mind made…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@xonos-darkgrate *shudders* I don’t think it was too dark. And it’s very well-written!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with Every Christmas Card I Write in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
@mariposa Yes…but very ill indeed. 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with Every Christmas Card I Write in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd What do you like to draw? Do you make Christmas cards? 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel EEEEEEEKKKKK!!!!!! Just yes. I think this calls for a party. Cake’s on me.
🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰
-
Snapper replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hey!
So I haven’t read the thing, because I’m a bit of a ‘link-a-phobe’ (not you, just the internet), but my main thoughts are dark themes and darkness in literature in general is that if you’re not comfortable showing it to someone close to you, like your mom or dad or brother or sister or best friend, then it may have gone to…[Read more] -
Joy replied to the topic Character Naming Help!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister I like Camille, Raphael, and Tristan. Tristan is one of my favorite names!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Naming Help!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister My votes are Celeste, Raphael, and Tristan. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Another Question in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
- Load More
