@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
katie replied to the topic Cover Feedback in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus – I personally like the cover the way it is, but that’s just because I like clean graphics 😀 if you do add anything though, I don’t think it needs too much, it looks great!
-
katie replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus – I have a friend who has a “board” called “storyboard: and then the name of her current book she’s writing” – She pins a lot of pictures (like of different scenes in her book, character portrayals, etc.)
I like your idea above about using boards for different characters and they all having the same link going back to your writing.…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with Every Christmas Card I Write in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa *speechless*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic What IS a Character Arc?? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel @sam-kowal got it in a nutshell. Basically, if your character starts the book bitter and angry, goes through the plot and comes out having forgiven and learnt to love (or vice versa) that is a character arc. Its just how your character changes through the story.
-
Joy replied to the topic What IS a Character Arc?? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@sam-kowal Ahh okay, thanks a lot!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic What IS a Character Arc?? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel It’s your character changing over the course of your story. It’s them learning things, deciding things, being shown things about the world and changing on a deep level because of those things.
Usually, a character arc tracks the curve of how a character becomes a better wiser person over the story, but downward characters arcs can also…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with Every Christmas Card I Write in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
Here’s a canvas I painted for my mom:

-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Hi, I'm GabbyJ! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj Yes. 😊 I tried painting about five years ago and I’m so glad I did! I’ve never used oil or watercolor, but I like acrylic.
Do you like to make homemade Christmas cards? 🙂
-
Joy started the topic What IS a Character Arc?? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@jane-maree @sam-kowal @princessfoo @daeus @seekjustice @jenwriter17 @aratrea
I have seen articles all over Kingdom Pen about how to improve character arcs, but I’m not totally sure what a character arc is! Can someone please explain it?
Thanks! 😉
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic How Do I Write a Sad Ending?! in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 Sad endings are tricky to write, but also a ton of fun. Your character DOESN’T have to succeed in the story goal (if they do, there’s less sadness, in a way), but they SHOULD grow themeatically. If they fail in the goal, but grow and learn and have a great character arc, that will satisfy readers just as much.
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic How to Kill Off Without Killing in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
You could have them vanish into a portal, and have the person who created the portal kindly tell the remaining characters that the other ones “are perfectly happy” (it’s pretty cliche, but could work 😉 )
You could just have a quick scene where the characters are leaving to fight for other noble causes.
You could have them…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hi, I'm GabbyJ! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj 😀 ha, thanks
I’m working on a bunch of projects right now! That are all kind of halted for various reasons
Two or them are short stories about Stan, one of them is a novella about a superhero, and I’m also working on the first book in my main series😀 I’ve worked on filming a few different projects- two fantasy short films, and a couple…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Anyone herrre?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic How Do I Write a Sad Ending?! in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter Yes, sad endings can be tough because readers might feel dissapointed- the thing you have to keep in mind, is there has to be some kind of goal achieved at the end to make the story feel worthwhile. So maybe the ending’s very sad, but it has to has glimmerings of hope and accomplishment to it- say, the queen gets kidnapped, the…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper I want to say Mr. Peabody & Sherman, but I bet I’m wrong. 😛 XD
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily Time travel
@dragon-snapper A Christmas party
@everyone Would you character rather be turned into a dragon for his greed (Eustace Scrubb) or fight a witch that turns into a dragon (Prince Philip).
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily @catwing @daughteroftheking @dragon-snapper @aislinn-mollisong @all-you-awesome-kapeefers
I’m still here, working on the KPA…
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@alia I soooo sympathize with you!!! Praying! 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic How Do I Write a Sad Ending?! in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 You’re welcome! I’m glad it makes sense! It looks like mumbo-jumbo to me XD
-
G. B. Carter's profile was updated 8 years, 9 months ago
- Load More
