@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin Okay, Merry Christmas! And may you find your sword and cape 😉
Anyone else around? I have chocolate-covered pretzels!
@sam-kowal @introvert_girl @catwing @emily @shannon @aislinn-mollisong
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel I know XD
Don’t rush it! And you could always have a sequel. Or turn it into a serial story…sorry, I’m just spilling more ideas 😛
I’m going to call it a night for writing. Instead of my character giving pushback, I’m running out of energy XD I hope your writing goes well! And if I’m not back on before Christmas, Merry Christmas!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin Yeah, that makes sense! Huh, it’s kinda like a chain reaction: you don’t know about the character, and he won’t talk. XD
I know! Everyone keeps saying they can’t wait! I’m writing it as fast as my brain will let me! But unfortunately it’s turning out long! *sighhhhh*Â Hmmm, I should stick this in the KPA somewhere…Â Ugh! I ca…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel for me, it’s writer’s speak for being unable to come up with an answer to any of the questions. For instance, if the question is “What are his (or her) fears?” and I can’t find any, I take that as the character giving “pushback.” Really, it’s because I haven’t delved that deep into the character yet because part of me likes them being all…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin Good! No pushbacks is most appreciated for a writer. 🙂 What exactly is a pushback from your character like? I don’t think I’ve experienced it…
I don’t know… At least ten. It’s kind of long. I hope I’m not overdoing it. Everything I write ends up long, actually.
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel How many chapters do you think you’ll have?
I’m doing a character interview. It’s for my protagonist for my current dystopian novel. So far, I haven’t gotten any pushback from her 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin Yeah, it’s easy 🙂
I’m working on the KPA again, rewriting part of chapter 3… What are you doing, btw?
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel yeah, I’ll definitely have to try it! 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin Haikus are the easiest thing to write ever! They don’t have to rhyme, but the syllables have to be in a specific pattern. It’s easier than it sounds, and it’s SO fun! You should try it 🙂
-
Joy and
GabbyJ are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago -
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel nice! Congrats!
That’s really cool! I’m not much of a poet myself (I do a little free verse), but I enjoy reading it.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin It’s going okay! I’m on chapter 4. Progress at last!
Actually right now I’m writing haikus. I’m thinking of maybe publishing a collection of haikus on KP if I’m allowed
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel HI 😀
Hm… I’ve actually never thought of that 😛 I should add it to my character questionnaire XD
How’s the KeePer Adventure going?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin Hi!!
Depends, how much does he like chocolate? X)
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel *is drawn in by the smell of chocolate* oh my…those look good. Maybe I could use some to bribe my character to get through this intensive interview? 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Annnd I’m back! And I brought fresh, chocolate-covered pretzels! Want some? 😉
@emily @epicaddie2 @aislinn-mollisong @catwing @shannon @audrey-caylin @sam-kowal
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
@Aratrea Just because I’m wondering, is that side-line bar thing of most recent forum topics/replies gone forever? *mournful blink* It was incredibly helpful and I just wondered. I know there’s the the recent forum topics page, but that’s not the same as just having the current threads right for you on the side of whatever page you may be on.
Or,…[Read more]-
Unfortunately that plugin was one of the plugins that broke the site a couple weeks ago. >.> Hence why it was taken down.
Eventually we’d like to get that back up, but that requires a lot of behind-the-scenes web work to fix that and allow for other features, and that web work will take a while to accomplish.
-
Ahh… That’s too bad.
Heh, I don’t doubt it! Well, it’s seriously admirable all the stuff you guys do to keep this place in tip-top shape and most user-friendly possible. We appreciate it. 😉
Thanks!
-
-
-
Emma Flournoy's profile was updated 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@Dekreel I like it! Your portrayal of me is quite forbearing; in reality I’d probably be more cynical about the whole thing. XD But I’m happy that I’m in there! I liked the part about the letter from (or to, whichever it was) Aslan, too. 😉
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Would someone please tell me if these first chapters are too depressing? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@His-Instrument What they said. Exactly. 😉 If you still want someone to read the first few chapters, I could probably do that. If you still think it’s necessary. The premise really interests me at least, and I know already I wouldn’t put a book down just after that.
- Load More
