@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus I like what you’ve done above, but I personally prefer the first graphic, in the darker shade, but Kate’s right that there needs to be a divider of sorts between graphic and text.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus whooo, my eyes are crossing. 😛
None of these are particularly amazing in my very humble opinion, though I do think the second has potential. The biggest problem is the composition— there are no lines to define where graphic meets text, or to organize the whole thing for us so our eyes have to do as little bouncing around as…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@daughteroftheking @emily @shannon @dekreel @seekjustice
I am sick and I cannot keep any food down. UGHHH. Just in time for Christmas. Please pray that I am better for our choir performance tomorrow night and of course for Christmas day. Thanks!
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily I’m re-outling my nano novel 🙂
Bye! Merry Christmas!
@anyone I’ll be on for about ten more minutes.
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily @audrey-caylin *sigh* Well, now I have to leave because this printer is not working…I. Hate. Technology. LOL 😉 Bye and Merry Christmas!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily It’s the one with the synopsis I think I showed you…about Jaclyn. 🙂
I actually don’t know how long I’ve been working on it…over a year because I put it down and picked it back up again. Yeah, I am super excited!!!!
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic We'll Ignore that I'm on a Hiatus…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper I think taking a break might be a good idea. Whether you want to finish up this draft depends on the kind of person you are. If not finishing it is more discouraging, then definitely finish it. But if you’re going to end up hating the plot and feeling like you’re wasting time by finishing it, I’d take a break.
What Emily said…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily I’m here! I’ve got some outlining to do 😀 (though I may have to pop away and help my mom bake in a few moments)
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily I am heeeere! I’m actually doing some final edits (well, I say ‘final’ but it is the first draft) of my novel and then printing it off as a Christmas present for my family.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic This Introduction Needs Refining in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel
Well, first person is more direct, and more conversational. You can use the character’s thoughts to great effect, just don’t overload them like I first did writing first person (pages of their thoughts, with no story happening)AS for the prologue… actually, I think it’s good.
“And this certainly is” should be “And this certainly…[Read more] -
Sam Kowal replied to the topic We'll Ignore that I'm on a Hiatus…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
It’s obvious! Make the entire story about the villains, not the heroes! Change the point of view and focus in laser sharp on your villains character arcs. Villains deserve more attention anyway 😀
Well, seeing it’s a sequel, that might not actually work. Too bad.
If I were you, I would definitely take a break and work on…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Would someone please tell me if these first chapters are too depressing? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@his-instrument I would be willing to read them, if you still need someone to
That storyline sounds really interesting, 😀 by the way.
The main point is, you don’t want to mislead the reader with a super dark ending and then have them confused and probably annoyed when the entire story switches tone. So if the entire story isn’t meant to be dark,…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel I need to read this! I just need to find some time.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Resistance was futile… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Definitely, make a customer inquiry 🙂
If you’re very careful you may touch it. Sabres from Babylon are very one of a kind. ☺
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@salome01w4g that’s amazing 😀 thank you God!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic This Introduction Needs Refining in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel I don’t usually write in first, but I just finished a 100k novel in first, so I learnt a thing or do whilst I did.
-its a lot more limited, but a lot more intimate, so you end up feeling very close to the character.
-as someone already said, make good use of the five senses, especially touch and taste and smell.
-Give us your…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hi, I'm GabbyJ! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@Gabbyj its pretty cool in Australia! Yes, lots of kangaroos. They’re a bit of a pest to be honest.</p>
That’s sounds cool! I am a very diserve writer, but I particularly like writing historical mixed with fantasy. I just finished the draft of a dystopian novel though -
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Well, I’ll sign off. But I’ll leave the chocolate pretzels for whoever comes in 😉
- Load More
