@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic My Writing New Years Resolutions and Goals 2018 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Wow, you have some awesome goals! I hope you will accomplish them all! Most of my goals this year are platform related, but I have a few personal ones too. 🙂
Here are some of my goals:
1. Finish the final draft of the first and second book of my time travel trilogy.
2. Finish the third book in the trilogy.
3. Finish illustrating my…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose Aw, kittens. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose Quiet well. 😀 Gearing up for 2018 (whaaa?) And you?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose I am here! 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic The Semi-Grand Return of the Ink Rose in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@bethanysinkyroses Oh, and yeah! There’s a whole topic for prayer requests!
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing Maybe… I dunno, that one’s hard. A cabin maybe.
-
Joy replied to the topic The Kingdom Pen Songwriting Corner in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
I’ve got rhythm in my blood and melodies in my thoughts.
That would actually make a good first line XD
@shannon Is your family a musical family?
-
Catwing replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@alia It’s a mystery.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel Nope, that’s good! Thanks!
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99Â *wails* I KNEW IT WAS TOO LONG!
It’s okay. Um…. That’s a problem. Cuz everything I write ends up either very long or very short XD
TAKE TWO!
How to Make Action Scenes Interesting
Instead of just focusing on the action itself, like who did what etc., focus on what the character is feeling. Otherwise it will just sound…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic What Stan and I did on Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@sam-kowal Well, the Kingdom of Pen is a different world. *shrugs* Maybe it’s a burning raspberry?
-
Catwing replied to the topic How to (realistically) kill a dragon in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
*hands @dragon-snapper a chocolate* There, there, no one wants to kill you we like you. With out you on Kingdom Pen who will melt the chairs? The chairs might try and start a take over if you weren’t around. *pushes a scratched up chair up to you for you to melt* Here you go.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@sam-kowal Never fear, my friend, I can promise you that somewhere inside that head of yours, there is advice that might help someone else. Thanks for your input!
@dekreel No, that’s great! I don’t mind the questions, and I’m happy to answer any more you might have. But would you care to be my guinea pig for a sec? If you had to summarize one of…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic A New Cast in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
@introvert_girl … I don’t know! *gasps* We are all lost! *blinks* Oh, wait I’m gone. *vanishes again*
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
And as you asked us to tag other Kapeefers….
@shannon @seekjustice @jane-maree @inkling-for-christ @jenwriter17 @daughteroftheking @bethanysinkyroses @princessfoo @introvert_girl @lady-iliara @KAPEEFERS! (I’m so glad Daniel found that word X) )
-
Catwing replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@sam-kowal Thanks!
@alia I didn’t notice. And I forgot you were a centaur so now I can fix it. 🙂 -
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99
Oh, dear… this sounds really cool, but I don’t consider myself an expert advice dispenser. I’ll just try to answer the questions you exampled to get myself started…Inspiration) Ideas inspire me. Images, senses, impressions of something that I need to carve out- whether that’s a world for a story, or an exciting…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Do they have to be thought over? How thought over? How long does it have to be?
Sorry about all the questions!!
I’ll give it a try…
How to Make Action Scenes Interesting
It can be a fight scene, a chase scene, an argument or even a celebration. My advice: Put the spotlight on the characters, their feelings and their…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic ANYONE ELSE GOING TO REALM MAKERS 2018?! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yeah…that’s a ways a way from me too, although I have heard of it before…
-
Snapper replied to the topic How to (realistically) kill a dragon in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
I find this conversation very depressing. 😉
Okay….soooooo.
I actually think that everyone else covered it. The one kill-dragon scene I wrote was terrible–perhaps I should have asked this question myself.Besides, I can’t give away information on how to take down my comrades.
- Load More
