@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Hmmm…I’ll have to have a talk with Aberdeen. He normally doesn’t eat someone’s books without their permission, unless they happen to be super tantalizing. 😜
I have a friend who absolutely detests Barney, but then I have another friend who absolutely loves him. 😅 You might like the later seasons better because Barney ends up leaving t…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper Congrats! I can’t wait to add your blog to my favorites list! I hope your blog will be all you hope it to be! 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper oooh shiny!! I like it a lot! I look forward to seeing your content soon!
-
Joy replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper YAY! Going there right now!!
-
Joy replied to the topic Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
Try @mariposa! She’s an amazing artist, and I think she has done illustrating before!
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
I have a friend who’s an artist/illustrator, but she’d probably charge a little for doing something like this. It also depends exactly what you’re looking for.
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Looking for editing help in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@inkling-for-christ Depending on the style of editing you’re looking for, I don’t actually have anyone scheduled in at the moment so I’m not too busy. I do charge (a low cost) for a professional edit though -you can check out my details HERE– but I try keep it affordable.
If it’s an incomplete manuscript, I would be happy to work through it and…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Wow! Sounds amazing. I’ve read your stuff before and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I’m in.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Ha, you should head down to where I live, then. Plenty of heat here.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Created in His Image in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey~
I’m a little confused as to what you’re asking here. Are you asking about the Biblical soundness of including “humanoid” creatures in your story? Or are you debating the differences between animal and human?
If your question relates to the former, I’d like to ask what impact God has in the world you’ve created. Do your characters actively…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Ethics, Women, Strength, and Plots in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi there! @allison-grace
A few things to consider here, but first, check out this video:Â https://kingdompen.org/character-types-the-strong-female-character-tm/
Okay. Now, I’m no expert on this, and without any knowledge of how exactly your MC goes about saying anyone, this might be a shot in the dark, but here’s my advice: make it re…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper oh. my. word. The Silver Phoenix…. I LOVE IT. I have a major obsession with phoenixes, so the name just made me freak out xD
ahhh, what am I saying? CONGRATS ON THIS. *promptly goes to stalk it*
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper 😀 Will you ever feature any old melted chairs on the blog?
I’m looking forward to that post (plus all the others)
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper 😀 AWESOME
Really awesome
Stan is super jealous. He’s begging me for one now
Also, the name should have been Snapping Dragon
But Silver Phoenix is nice sounding, too
-
Snapper started the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey guys!
I finally made myself a blog! 😀 Here’s the link to Silver Phoenix
@daeus @kate-flournoy @bethanysinkyroses @dekreel @mariposa @ethryndal @winter-rose @sam-kowal @seekjustice @jenwriter17
And I’m new to blogging, so if you see anything, you all just let me know! I’ll be happy to listen and learn.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Of Fairytales and Beta-readers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice you’re totally fine. 😉 Thanks for the good wishes. 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Greetings! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosaurus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur) give you a hearty handshake!
I love the 1950s! Do you happen to like watching old TV shows like The Andy Griffith Show or Bonanza?
By the way, I love your name. 🙂 How is it pronounced?
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Thanks!
@winter-rose I’m not sure what happened to your post…it seems to have vanished. 😕
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Looking for editing help in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@inkling-for-Christ Since your book is not yet finished, beta readers or a service like Jane Maree’s might be a good starting point for you before contacting an editor. 🙂
You might not be ready for someone like Brianna Hilvety whom Elizabeth recommended. Brianna is a professional editor and will charge for her services (as all reputable editors d…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seek-justice This sounds really amazing
If you’re only looking for two readers, though, I’ll pass for now, because I’m beta reading another project right now and there will probably be some others here who would want to do it.I really like that title, by the way 😀
- Load More
