@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@catwing I suppose… for those indisposed towards that sort of thing… a suitable model, made of plastic or rubber, may be used. They did need to look at something to make the original model, though….
XD 😀 😀 I didn’t tell Stan about the class. Even though technically, he’s the one teaching it
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a Kapeefer when you go to the library and see a book called Keeper and you think to yourself, “They spelled Kapeefer wrong.”
@the-real-kapeefer (thanks for that. XD) @catwing @perfectfifths @dekreel
-
Catwing replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper YAY! *crys, because you finished yay, and she is crawling along pondering whether @Ethryndal should be Claw’s lawyer or if it should be a Christmas elf that annoys her. Wait! Definitely the annoying Christmas elf.* *throws confetti* Muh, ha, ha! Take that writer’s Lego brick!
*blinks*
*cough*
Yay, Dragon Snapper! -
ClaireC started the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Well, hello, Kapeefers!
Yes, I know it’s been a long time since I’ve been here, but I’m now back!
Wow! There are a lot of new people here! I nearly feel like I need to introduce myself again…but it takes too long, so I’ll just say… Hi!
I’ve taken a long break from my writing, as I simply had too much on, but I’m back into it now, which is…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 *sees everything on bows and archery and swords* I have a compound!
Yes, I’m still learning and I haven’t fired it much recently (It is cold here.). But I have a few things to say from what I learned.
!. Hold the arrow with three fingers, not your pinky. It will throw the arrow off, if you do.
2. Right handed people hold the…[Read more] -
Sam Kowal replied to the topic I need a character's name! + other stuff ;D in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@photobloggergal 😀 Nice to have you back here
Stan the dragon has been wanting his photo taken, but I keep telling him that that’s… not really possible over the internet
I wanted to tell you, too, @emily and @shannon are taking a hiatus from Kingdom Pen for awhile, because I saw that you had come back. So don’t be alarmed if you can’t find…[Read more]
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
Hmm…it is a fantasy story, for one. I’m not sure how that could be incorporated, but I’m definitely open to the possibility of God actually being there.
This is all really good to think through though. Would it help to read the story? Idk. Only if you want to.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano This can be tough. It’s quite possible, though. The book of Esther in the Bible actually never mentions God by name, at all, in the entire book. But it’s still in the bible. So in way, its very similar to what you might be trying to do.
This thread might help you…[Read more]
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh wow, thank you so much! This is actually really encouraging.
If you never mention God, you could take this whole redemption idea and put it into the life of some people. Maybe Person A struggles with a lot of self-worth issues, but then Person B does this amazing, almost irrational self-sacrifice for them, which gets Person A to thinking about…
-
Catwing replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@lady-iliara see above…
-
Catwing replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Sure! *adds you to list* @lady-ilara I’m trying to make sure I don’t forget any of the common forum creatures.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
Those are amazing everyone!
@leumeister That sounds good if you want to do that. I will try and find some time to draw the figures soon! It always hides where you least expect it to be, unless of course you expected it to be there. 😛
Do you mean the height if they were real and big or on the page for proportions. Cause if you mean the second one…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
All of those are awesome! @mariposa @cloudy @that_writer_girl_99
-
LivGiordano started the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
This is really tough, and a big question for me. But how do I write a story with theme of worth, when God is not a big aspect of the story?
This is especially difficult, because I know that all true worth and value is found in HIM. So how do I write this story, about someone finding out what defines true worth, when God’s name is never mentioned?…[Read more]
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily Cool! I’m definitely going to have to check them out now.
@SeekJustice for the most part, the things that were kind of mature in the book weren’t really in the TV series, so that was nice. If you’re wanting to watch it. 🙂
@jenwriter17 Ohh yay, another Chuck Black fan! YES, I love Wars of the Realm! They’re all so awesome, and really…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Help Wanted: Creating Themes in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily Check out these two articles on @jane-maree‘s blog! They are SO helpful!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
I can imagine that it would be pretty cool too. 🙂 The idea doesn’t have much appeal to me, but it does sound amazing.
I like  when you have the opportunity to talk through things like that. And yes, the way she acted so familiar with both of them (almost led them on, from what I remember of the books ) probably was part of my…[Read more]
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Thank you! Yeah, I actually thought it was pretty cool. *nods* Yeah, the book was a little heavy for me too, but not overly so. If it was just a tad more, I probably would’ve quit. 😉 I’m also not a fan of Christie’s rebellious character, and how she acts very familiar with both David and Neil. But at the same time, we watched these…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Thank you so much for sharing! @livgiordano
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Okay…*takes a deep breath* *thinks hard* There should be something I can share.
Let everything inspire you:
As a writer, I observe things. Like everything. Whether it be how the the streetlight catches the glimmer of the puddles, or what it feels like to be literally freezing, longing for a warm house to step inside of. It’s amazing how much…[Read more]
- Load More
