@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic If You Know Anything About ASL in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Thanks, I’ll check her out.
-
Joy replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â That sounds cool! I agree with Liv in that the submit or danger thing is a little cliche. The Underground also sounds cliche. So, yeah, if you could put a unique twist in there, it would be perfect!
-
Anne of Lothlorien started the topic If You Know Anything About ASL in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
So, in my new book, Firefly Town, there is a younger teenager, Josh, who’s deaf. He communicates with ASL, American Sign Language. The second main character, Clay, is hearing, but learned ASL to talk with him. Felicity, the MC, when she comes into town, meets Josh. She knows a few signs, from a deaf girl at college, and learns some more.
I know a…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 🙂 That idea actually sounds really exciting right off, but I feel like I have seen it a lot before in various places… at least bits and pieces of it. The futuristic and evil government is a pretty heavily used element in a lot of sci-fi/dystopian. So is the Rebellion/Uprising of the people. That’s not to say it couldn’t work, with…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree and
Sam Kowal are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
LivGiordano replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 It sounds interesting! It does sound a bit cliche though, with the whole “submit or be in danger” thing. And idk if this thought struck you, but do you remember the mark of the beast in Revelation? It seems quite similar to the idea of people having a chip/card in them that pledges their alliegance to the government.
But I feel like…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@Sam-Kowal I actually think about that more than I probably should… 😛 The possibilities are just so fascinating!
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec @jane-maree Make room for more Aussie!! Welcome back, Claire!
-
ClaireC replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Yay Jane!!! Go Aussie!! I’m thinking I’m going to put ‘Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers’ as my signature… 😀
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@Sam-Kowal hmm yes probably. It depends if it’s in a contemporary/dystopian/futuristic sort of setting.
SAME THOUGH. Agh. So epic.
Ooh yes yes that would be amazing. Have you read The Rithmatist?
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@Clairec WELCOME BACK MY FELLOW AUSSIE! *Aussie waves*
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@Catwing niiiight. See you in the future. 😀
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree @that_writer_girl_99
Good night. -
Jane Maree replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@That_Writer_girl_99 hmm…it sounds more accentuated (if that makes sense in the context of voice) and also all the ‘er’s and ‘r’s and the such are actually pronounced. (Whereas here we say ‘er’ as ‘ah’ most of the time. XD)
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
*shudders* yeah…probably.
So, you have a cool accent, but what does the american accent sound like? @jane-maree
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec Ohh, that’s right. I like the Secret Garden 🙂
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 it’s a wonder everyone doesn’t move to Australia…I think the wildlife scares people off. XD
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Not that I think you actually celebrate Christmas in July, I just…the expression… *sighs* *is tired*
-
Catwing replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@leumeister … *cricket chirps* *eats cricket*
Sorry I worried you. I got distracted and started a comic with some of my friends. And played games… *cough*Meh. I do that too. With emails… (Argh! why didn’t I think of that BEFORE I hit send?)
I have… *dramtic music* a ruler with centimeters! (How did I not think of that?! *faecpalm*)
I…[Read more] -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Cool accents and Christmas in July? Incredible. @jane-maree
- Load More
