@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 No need to apologize! Long is good, especially when it’s packed with helpful information. Thank you for your input and advice! 🙂 It’s really helping me to formulate my ideas and strategies.
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Irrational or Rational? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
This is an awesome idea! For some reason it seems like breaking-cliche for the writers to be the ones that are shunned and looked down on.
Sam has a point about how we technically could call dreaming irrational, since ration is logic, and dreaming is most usually not logic. But I defend dreaming with everything I’ve got.…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree Cool! I’d probably do a giveaway then, like a chance to win an illustration for their book or perhaps a free portrait of themselves.
I rarely take photos so do you think artwork would suffice in place of that? And perhaps Aberdeen comics?
Thank you so much for your advice, Jane! 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea Actually, my email list subcribing is rather…rare (I only subscribe to 2 right now). I usually prefer to pop into someone’s blog once a week rather than subscribe to an email list. 😜 I don’t even “follow” blogs in the normal sense by clicking the follow button; I just save their blogs to my favorites list and regularly check them. I…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano I like the idea of exclusive artwork. I post about 4 pictures per month on my blog, but I could always reduce that to 2 a month and have the other 2 be for my subscribers. I’m planning on writing an ongoing series of short stories featuring the same characters which I might include in my email list also (probably with i…[Read more]
-
LivGiordano and
Mariposa Aristeo are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Heyo! 😀 I wanted to inform you that I got a blog. 😀 You can find it at silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com
-
Okay. I’ve been checking for posts, I just haven’t gotten around to commenting yet. Your blog looks good! 😉
-
@Jenwriter17 *facepalm* Riiight. I couldn’t remember if I had tagged you before, so sorry about that.
*headdesk*-
That’s okay! 😉
-
-
-
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Futeristic Executions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice All I can think of is a electronic zapping gun. I’m not into futuristic stuff…
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I definitely think it could be done. If you’re writing in first person, I wouldn’t recommend it. But in third person, I think it would totally work! 🙂
-
Snapper and
LivGiordano are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
ClaireC posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
🙂
-
ClaireC posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
I love your drawings, @mariposa. 🙂 Would you give my character sketch a go?
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Calling all artists! in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
Thanks @sage-g!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
😀 I hope it goes well!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
3 povs would be fine if they all are important and vital and each of them are engaging. I’m reading Cress by Marissa Meyer and it has way more than 3 but it works really well and they all tie together neatly
-
Joy replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I agree with Skredder. Also, when you’re transitioning from one to the other, make it clear who they are and where they are (and who they aren’t and where they aren’t)
-
Joy replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
Okay, so the smile works LOL
-
Joy replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
Ignore me — I’m just recycling a fairly old topic and seeing if I can make emojis out of colon commands…..
:heart: :european_castle: :black_nib: 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
That sounds like a pretty cool story!
- Load More
