@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2Â Oh you poor thing…praying!
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@Sam-Kowal Arghh yessss. I started Words of Radiance last night and so far I’m loving it too. *lots of flailing*
Kal, Shal, and Dal though. XD That cracked me up. Kal is definitely my favourite though. *hugs the precious bridgeboy* xP
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@Jenwriter17 I concur with the others and say that 3 POVs is fine.
I’ve found a couple of posts on Helping Writers Become Authors that you might find helpful:
– Multiple Narrators? How to Find The Right POV
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sage-g Wow, that’s fabulous! Thank you so much! This is why I didn’t attempt it myself. 😉 I can’t draw like that! :0
-
LivGiordano and
Ethryndal are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Jane Maree replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@Mariposa artwork would probably fit the bill too. Remember that you don’t have to stick with the one option forever. You can play around with every email you send out. 😛
@Daeus I’m curious that you say that. When I sent out my first newsletter I had no pictures or anything and the biggest lot of feedback I got was for “more photos and…[Read more]
-
Jessi Rae and
Skredder are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Thank you! Yes, she is a believer 🙂
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Help: Explaining to Math kids in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@aella listen to Kate.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help: Explaining to Math kids in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@Aella yikes… I do not envy you. 😛
Well… oh boy. If this was my task, I’d probably take a mathematical approach, since communication is all about presenting the material in the way your audience is already used to thinking.
First, I would explain the purpose of fiction— how it’s use is to touch people on the heart and make them think…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Help: Explaining to Math kids in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
What on earth does this have to do with math?
Okay. Generally speaking, people who like math like it because it makes sense–everything fits together, and there’s not a lot of gray area. Writing, even though there’s the potential for a lot of gray area, is similar in that its many aspects fit together to create order when there was chaos.
But t…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 As long as it’s a somewhat expansive story, where all 3 have things to do, no, that’s not too many 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Would You Read This? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily I would!
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter Sorry I didn’t see this before! Yeah, I think it would be awesome, even though it’s been done before, with the whole mark of the beast thing. I love the idea.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Reader Base in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper What they said 😉
Quick tip: Make a goal list. Doing as many of these as you can is a fabulous goal, but don’t try and do them all at once. Pick your top three priorities (say like, email list, submitting a short story to a site and joining a new writing community) Focus on getting those three goals established/done before adding…[Read more]
-
Kina Lamb and
Hannah are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Snapper and
Hannah are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
Oops. @mariposa.
And I will say that you should try to make the emails visually attractive. Put color in, with photos, maybe a logo for your blog, artwork, etc. Everyone likes to read something more than a page of black lines.
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa-aristeo
I’m usually attracted to an email list if I know the person and have previously read some of their work. I only have about half a dozen people I signed up for an email from. A few are friends of church that have small designing businesses, and the others are writers.
What you want to write about depends on what you’re trying to…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I agree with everyone else here. Three POVs isn’t too many—just make sure you aren’t headhopping between characters. Always insert a scene break before switching POVs. 🙂
- Load More
