@ethryndal
Active 3 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1013
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a writer if you get excited when you see the “You Know You Are a Writer When…” topic has been updated.
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a writer AND a fangirl/fanboy when you include names, cameos and/or easter eggs in your stories of things you love
*blinks away heart eyes….*
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Alternatives to flashbacks? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@atisastarrynight I personally love flashbacks, and I think they can be great if done well. I’m thinking of a certain person who is really good at doing this, but isn’t on KP, unfortunately. 🙁
But yes, have something trigger a memory. Keep it short. You definitely don’t have to info dump. Just let your character remember something, but not all…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano. Hey! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet…which I’m sure everyone has already said. But hey! why not?
Glad to have you here!
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Would You Read This? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily Oh wow. This sounds so awesome. I would totally read this.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Would You Read This? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily 😀 Yeah. That sounds like a pretty neat idea.
The seawyrms sound quite interesting, too. The crests confused me at first, but I realized you could do something like having a way in the story to manipulate pigments in their scales and cause certain colors to bleed through, and to make the crest, the colors are manipulated in a certain…[Read more]
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk oh HEY ADORA!!! So cool to see you here! And you’re an MK? Somehow I totally missed that before. XD
@itisastarrynight that sounds way too awesome! I love that idea!
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
Ohh @itisastarrynight you cannot imagine how helpful this is for me. It’s like the biggest AHA moment ever. Okay. Thank you, thank you, a million times over. Everyone’s advice is finally making sense. That MAKES SO MUCH SENSE. Seriously. You’re totally awesome now. 😉 (not that you weren’t before, but I just got a taste of that awesomeness for the…[Read more]
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
If you’re still looking for readers, @daeus , I’m more than willing. My local libraries have been a desert lately, so I’m good and bored and full of unrealistically high expectations.
Which means I’m ripe for giving criticism– er, feedback. 😉 🙂
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Still Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sage-g Since SeekJustice commented, I might as well comment, too:
Your sister is AMAZING! WOW! If I ever get around to those illogical children’s books that I started when I was thirteen, I am SO asking her to illustrate them!
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@daughteroftheking @ingridrd I love those names!!!!!
@rochellaine *talking to self* She likes Adric…. SHE LIKES ADRIC!!!!!!!!! Sorry, Adric is a Dr Who character’s name, and you know how we Whovians are……..
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Great idea!!! I have a few…
Girls: Lenna, Mern, Andraya
Boys: Den, Boren, Remiro (rem-EAR-oh)
Kinda weird, but…*shrugs*.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Story Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder *starts chanting* Write it, write it, write it, write it…! This has the makings of a brilliant story. 🙂
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus I’ve heard that people distrust emails with photos, but since I’m an artist and a large portion of my future email list would revolve around art, I’m not sure that would work. As you and Jane Maree suggested, I can always play around until I figure out what works for me and my subscribers. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
…….That was weird……..
TAKE TWO! *claps clapperboard*
Thanks @rochellaine! I might actually use some of those for my novella! (assuming I ever get back to it……)
Anyway, can I drop in some names, too?
Girls (I got these from a book, mostly)
- Airow
- Aine
- Altair
- Ashe
- Vekka
- Cleo
- Dae
- Dove
- Elke
- Fae
- Faune
- Ginger
…
-
ClaireC and
Mariposa Aristeo are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I actually thought about doing Aberdeen comics for subscribers, but I hadn’t decided for sure.
Oh, I will definitely let you know when my email list is up and running. 🙂 I’m hoping sometime in March or April.
Thanks for your advice, Anne!!! 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea Yep, @rochellaine is right! Outside of the topic, before Rochellaine posted, it SAID I posted recently, but my post is gone!
Spam?! Hmmm, that makes sense, actually. It’s happened about three times, and all of those times, I remember that the posts were pretty long. This one was long, too.
If it helps, here is another place where it…[Read more]
- Load More


