Google Analytics is a powerful tool that tracks and analyzes website traffic for informed marketing decisions.
Service URL: policies.google.com (opens in a new window)
_gac_
Contains information related to marketing campaigns of the user. These are shared with Google AdWords / Google Ads when the Google Ads and Google Analytics accounts are linked together.
90 days
__utma
ID used to identify users and sessions
2 years after last activity
__utmt
Used to monitor number of Google Analytics server requests
10 minutes
__utmb
Used to distinguish new sessions and visits. This cookie is set when the GA.js javascript library is loaded and there is no existing __utmb cookie. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to the Google Analytics server.
30 minutes after last activity
__utmc
Used only with old Urchin versions of Google Analytics and not with GA.js. Was used to distinguish between new sessions and visits at the end of a session.
End of session (browser)
__utmz
Contains information about the traffic source or campaign that directed user to the website. The cookie is set when the GA.js javascript is loaded and updated when data is sent to the Google Anaytics server
6 months after last activity
__utmv
Contains custom information set by the web developer via the _setCustomVar method in Google Analytics. This cookie is updated every time new data is sent to the Google Analytics server.
2 years after last activity
__utmx
Used to determine whether a user is included in an A / B or Multivariate test.
18 months
_ga
ID used to identify users
2 years
_gali
Used by Google Analytics to determine which links on a page are being clicked
30 seconds
_ga_
ID used to identify users
2 years
_gid
ID used to identify users for 24 hours after last activity
24 hours
_gat
Used to monitor number of Google Analytics server requests when using Google Tag Manager
1 minute
@emma-flournoy I have no idea if you’ll see this, but that’s okay. 🙂 Hope you are having a great time away. 😀
@bluejay We are, thanks. 🙂
@emma-flournoy WELCOME BACK! I missed you. 🙂
Aww, thanks @BlueJay. *hugs you*
Oh, and I’ll be replying to your e-mail sometime soon—hopefully tomorrow or the next day.
@BlueJay
*hugs you too* Oh goody. I look forward to it. 🙂
Hey, I know you don’t 100% write, but you any good with beta reading?
@emma-flournoy
@bluejay
Yyyyyus…in fact, that’s what I do for Kate’s book. I (since you asked!) do think I’m a pretty good beta-reader; pretty tough, but I think that’s good, for someone really wanting feedback. I’m not trying to brag, you understand… :/
Why?
I have a 15 page story that I’m giving a few people for critiquing and so I thought you might be interested…?
And I understand about not bragging when you are trying to tell someone that you can do it well. 🙂 @emma-flournoy
*happy nod* (happy that you’d consider me!)
Since it’s not very long I should have time, but I’m gonna ask Mom, and get back with you about it tomorrow. All good?
🙂
@BlueJay
That’s fine. 🙂 I’ll wait. And FYI you don’t need to tag me for me to receive and email notification. When we post here, it just let’s me know. But let’s make sure. I’m not going to tag you, do you get a notification…?
Huh. That’s helpful. I did not know that. (Obviously.)
Yes, I did get a notification—it’s doing that ’cause we’re having our own conversation, or why?
I think it is something to do with the fact that we are under your profile. So maybe it is linking that with your email. I don’t know. But there you have it folks… 🙂
Good to know. 🙂
Okay, Mom said that’s fine, so you can e-mail me the document I guess, and I’ll ask you more about the beta-reading in replying to the e-mail.