@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 4 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine I know someone else who kills their characters and nearly always brings them back.
Your characters either love you…or have a very strong dislike for you. 🙂
Oh, and this is the second person I’m killing in this short story. There is a purpose for it, I promise.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice What do you do for second degree burns? I just tried to google it, and then backed out of a website instead of reading it because I was afraid there would be pictures of the burns there… 😛 I mean, I know generally what you do for burns, but I want to know if there’s any specific treatment that a paramedic or EMT would give on t…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Wahoo! You’re almost there.
I’ve got to kill this guy and then I can end it pretty quickly. My sore hand isn’t helping matters.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Okay, I can see that. We don’t have to argue about it 😛 You’re probably right, so I’ll have a look at it and work out how to change it. After all, it’s only one sentence, not a whole chapter thing 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Better than it has, not as good as it could be.
That describes a large amount of nearly everything I do… 😀
Yup! Almost done, though. Hooray!
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Better than it has, not as good as it could be. There’s probably only about 500 words or so left. I still need a title for it though. Hmm.
Are you still rewriting?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Well, I can understand that, but it still implies that he was trying to be romantic, while the rest of the scene (as well as what we know of his character) really doesn’t indicate that at all. The first time he says “romantic” it’s a joke, and a little flirtatious, which is fine, but the second time it just sounds really weird. 🙁 S…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@skredder Short stories, huh? I love writing short stories! Except…I rarely finish them. 😛 I’ve finished a couple though. How’s it going now?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
I’m going to post it once I’ve eaten lunch 🙂
I often work on short stories between working on novels, I find it lots of fun trying to condense a story into so few words (most of my short stories are under 2000 words)
They’re great for experimenting too!
Yep I got your comment. I’ll have to reread the section though. I…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Heyo! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice That was not fifteen minutes. That was an hour. 😛 Looks like I’m bad at giving estimates!
But anyway, I’m here now, and it looks like you’re about to leave. 🙁 By the way, I did give you the comment about Justice, but I put it in your document instead of here. Did you get it?
@skredder Hi!
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Oh yeah! Part 2! I can’t wait!! 😀
I do like writing short stories. Sometime they tend to get a little long because I just keep going. One short story ended up being around 18,000 words long. If I wasn’t on a deadline for that one, I could have easily turned it into a full length novel.
I used to write them all the time, but certain…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@skredder Oh, cool! I love writing short stories! Do you write many?
I’m wading through my novel, trying to get to the end of Part 2!
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice I’m working on a short story right now. It’s going slower than I’d like, but much faster than it was earlier. What about you?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@skredder I’m on, but I’m about to go for lunch. What project are you working on?
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Is anyone on? I’m back now.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine don’t worry you didn’t freak me out… Other things do that… 🙂
Definately praying. -
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine I think my family was watching the announcement in the other room. *nods* I should be able to ask them.
*sighes* Things seem to come in threes though… But hopfully not this time…@seekjustice
I’m going to bed now. - Load More
