@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 4 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Dog-sledding in Alaska sounds really cool!
Um. We call them “Police men with dogs”. Okay no, it’s called the Dog Unit, or the Dog Squad, I just looked it up.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice I’m not back. 😀 I’m just popping in to say give that advice to your sister, sure, but tell her to take it with a grain of salt, since it comes from a writer who can’t possibly kill her own characters. 😛
Also to say that I’ve never that I can remember heard @catwing‘s saying. 😉 America’s a big place, and we have a lot of di…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia You have been to The Great Wall of China? Three times? Cool. *tries to think of the best place I have ever been* Dog sledding in Alaska?
@seekjustice What do you call police men with dogs in Australia?
@rochellaine Are you flying to Nevada?
And how do you know that our characters don’t go to a book character heaven? 😛
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice yes, it does.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Bye! (I’ll pass that advice on)
The Scarlet Pimpernel is a fun book! Nowhere near as deep as A Tale of Two Cities or anything, but it’s a light read and that’s sometimes the best thing.
@catwing I don’t know, but we don’t say that! Does it kind of mean, “that’s just the way things are”?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia ummmmm… no. I’ve been the opening of the Ark though.
@seekjustice *shrug* okay, what do you aussies say?
@rochellaine Aye. 😛 -
Catwing replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Sure. (I actually volunteer at a horse therapy center too. I muck stalls. A highlight of my week. 🙂 [Yes, I find shoveling manure fun. I like horses])
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Tell your sister that I understand the problem, but from everything I’ve read with advice on writing that’s considered a very bad reason to kill a character. If you need to kill them off, have a good reason to do so. Don’t just do it because you can’t think of anything else to do. 😀
random marquis that Marguerite accidently d…
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@catwing Completely off topic, but that is basically the weirdest saying ever. No one says that in Australia ;D
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@catwing, @rochellaine…I’ve been to the Great Wall of China, three times. have I topped y’all?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, you couldn’t have made your comment about killing off characters sooner???
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Top a Civil War revolver? Okay… I have a compound bow. 🙂 (I feel like I’m sounding spoiled or something. 😛 )
@seekjustice I guess that’s how the cookie crumbles. -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@catwing I might cause my readers less pain if they did take death escape classes. Though, I mean, they’ve had some pretty good escapes. One of my characters was executed, and then I resurrected him.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Kay is offering death escape classes for the fictional. (Not really, I’m not talented enough o write that.) XP
@alia I am lucky.
@seekjustice Would they like classes. XD -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
My feelings on Jane Austen are not complimentary. For the amount that the guillotine features in the Scarlet Pimpernel books, people rarely ever die. In fact, I don’t think anyone dies in the first one excepting that random marquis that Marguerite accidently denounced before the start of the book. And, like…um…I can’t think of…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@catwing Your brother got you a sword? Well, my brother got me a Civil War style Colt Navy revolver. Top that!
😛 😛 😛 😛 😛
Seriously, though, I read your blog post about it and the sword sounds really cool!
(Especially since the range we normally go to won’t allow black powder guns, so I rarely get to shoot the revolver anyway. 🙁 )
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine I’ll find you all one day 😛
Nope, I put it up the other day when I was talking to you about all the things I wanted to do in America, because I realised I literally have no idea where anything in America is. So it’s up there now, and I have some sort of mental picture of all the states in relation to one another. It’s up there…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice He is. *beams* (sometimes he’s annoying, but mostly he’s nice. 😉 )
He is the star of a few blog posts, including my latest one about the sword.
He makes up for being my only brother by being extra annoying and extra nice (mostly nice). XP -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Thank you! Bless you! I will survive.
And think of the many great authors who didn’t kill characters in every novel. Even C.S. Lewis didn’t. He only killed characters in some of his books. Jane Austen, of course, but you don’t like her, so that’s not really a good argument.
Can’t you all think of any more?
@alia Thank you f…[Read more]
- Load More
